The Fabulous Life of Dotty!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
[align=center]Introducing...

DOTTY!

Dotty is a 7 month old Giant Papillon/Checkered Giant. She came into our family on 20th December 2008. Early Christmas present for Steve... Although she's mine too! :p

IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

You can read her introduction thread....

HERE!

She is THE most friendly bunny. At night she has taken to running to Steve's side of the bed and jumping up for noserubs. He ends up having to fall asleep with his arm over the edge of the bed, petting her!

In the mornings, if we don't wake up early enough for her liking, she will thump to wake us up. Not for food, for noserubs! She hops round to my side of the bed in the morning and lies down for me to rub her nose. She nudges my hand with her head and jumps up at me if I don't oblige!

When I get dressed in the mornings, she sits at my feet, or on my feet and looks up at me, again, waiting for noserubs!

She is the noserub QUEEN! :biggrin2:

Some pics of me and Steve holding her:

IMG_8237.jpg

IMG_8239.jpg

IMG_8245.jpg

IMG_8258.jpg

She's a big bunny alright! Weighs 12.6lbs, or 5.7KG! :shock: :D

Here are a couple of pics of her cuddling with me on the bed:

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

More pictures to follow, and since I got a video camera for Christmas, videos to follow too! :biggrin2:

Enjoy guys!

[/align]

Jen Dotty is just so Lovely:heartbeat:. I still can't believe she was returned and that nobody wanted her. If i would see a bunny like her i would snatch her up in a Milla Second. However Chris would probably kill me.

I'm so glad you got her now we can all watch her grow up and hear all about what she does and what you 2 great people do for her. Looking forward to lots of pictures and videos.

Susan:running bunny

Thanks you guys! I'm glad people like Dotty.... but also glad that I'm tucked away safely over here and you can't get to her lol! :p

I took some more pictures of her earlier.... Here are some!

Her favourite place to sleep, behind our bedroom door. Sometimes she pulls the door further back behind her, so she's squashed in. For such a big bunny she loves the small spaces lol!

IMG_8274.jpg

Playing:

IMG_8277.jpg

She just loves to look at herself in the mirror!

IMG_8279.jpg

Look how big her nose is!

IMG_8288.jpg

IMG_8289.jpg

IMG_8290.jpg

She has quite a sizeable dewlap as well, bless her! I wonder if it will shrink, like Snowy's did, when she's spayed?

IMG_8291.jpg

Nose/headrubs- her favourite thing in the world! (Note the mostly closed eyes!)

IMG_8293.jpg

Her favourite toy- an empty toilet roll! She throws them around for hours on end and loves to destroy them:

IMG_8297.jpg

And that's it for now! I have some short videos but I've not read the manual for my video camera yet so haven't uploaded them. I'll try and do it tomorrow!

Oh, and touch wood, but I think her litter habits are sort of under control! She's using her litter tray now, and all day yesterday, last night and all of today she hasn't peed on the floor at all! :shock: Fingers crossed, I know it might not be that easy, but it's great progress at least! We do need to get a bigger litter tray though lol. We have a large cat one right now, but even that is slightly too small as she sometimes accidentally pees over the edge. She sits in it to eat her hay, and that takes up a lot of room lol. We want to try and get one with higher sides to minimise accidents, but the corner ones are too small!

Oh and last night, because we had been gone during the day at my parent's house, she obviously missed us a lot. When we got back I went upstairs to sit with her while Steve got food for all the bunnies. He handed me her bowl of pellets and veg, and I called her over for food. I had the bowl balanced on one leg, and she sort of sat on the other leg and ate from the bowl! She ate all of her veg like this, and when I tried to put it down she nipped my knee! She's so cheeky lol. So I put the bowl back on my leg and she carried on eating, until she was done. Then of course she wanted endless noserubs :p Honestly, she is becoming so bonded to us! It's lovely to see her being so affectionate and seeming so happy :)

That's it for Dotty's world today, hopefully the videos will be up tomorrow!

(Oh, and I haven't forgotten about the others, I promise. I have pictures of them to upload into their own blog too, including the cutest pictures of Steve cuddling Snowy. I just thought that since she was completely seperate and free-range, I'd give her a seperate blog as well :))

For a litter box, try looking in the storage containers. I use a small rubber main container for my larger litter boxes. They clean up just fine, and help prevent peeing over the edge.

There's a lot more variety of sizes too.

--Dawn

What about those covered litter boxes for kitties? Would one of those be big enough for Ms. Dotty?

She may have a big nose, but it's oh-so-kissable!

What about those covered litter boxes for kitties? Would one of those be big enough for Ms. Dotty?

(I was thinking of suggesting that too after reading the thread. I'd have gotten one for my two, but with their setup it just wouldn't fit.)

And of course I came here to say that Dotty is beautiful!!! She's certainly a big bunny too, isn't she? Holy bunnyballz! :shock: ;) I've never heard of the Giant Papillon breed, but the combo of that and the Checkered Giant certainly works, as she's so gorgeous; what a loveable, sweet face she has. She sounds like a real sweetie too. And I LOVE those ears!!!

:inlove:

Thanks you guys! :D

Dawn, I had thought about a tupperware container actually. I had a quick look at some today that weren't the right size, but that was only in one shop, so I might have a better look sometime. it does sound like it might be a better bet!

Kelly, I had thought about the covered boxes too! But she likes to drink her water and eat hay when she's sat int he litter tray, and she eats dinner from it as well lol, so that's kind of out of the question. Although I did see a covered one earlier in the pet shop that the bottom of would have worked great as it was angled up at the back and fairly deep, but it was such a lot of money considering we would only use the bottom bit lol.

I did find this online earlier and wondered it if would be ok. Need to check the measurements:

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=46&pf_id=8588

Di, the checkered giant is the US name for Giant Papillon! They are both the same breed, just named differently on different sides of the Atlantic lol. How confusing!

Her ears are something to be seen. They are so lovely and soft as well. She is just so beautiful :)

Thank you guys!

I'm sorry I haven't uploaded the videos yet. I had to go and see some family today, and I've been so ill. I pulled my back yesterday somehow, which was agony, so I took some strong painkillers. Then I was up until 5.30am being sick :? Now my back is still hurting a bit, but I'm freezing cold with a high temp, achey and shivery, and I have the dreaded 'warm eyes' Bleugh :?

We're going to Steve's mum's tomorrow morning, and coming back on Tuesday. My mum will be looking after the bunnies and popping in not once, not twice but 3 times a day! Just to make sure Dotty is ok and not too lonely.... I'll be so worried about her! But I know she'll be so well looked after :)

Eh, it was just a thought ;) Drill a hole in the side for the water bottle :p I hook a water bottle up to the side of the kennel carrier for my buns on trips, use the same basic principal for a covered box...

Will even said that Dotty is adorable. Take that for what it's worth. He never says that about ANY rabbit!

Loving the pics Jen for Sully's litter tray I use a cat litter tray out of pets at home that is juts open but a rectangle i find it works really well :)

SHe is so beautiful and I got to say it must be a big bunny thing cause sully likes to squish himself into small places too or tucks himself under your arm

I will need to keep checking back for more pics :biggrin2:

I want! I want! Though I know I can't have her so I will settle for more pics!

slavetoabunny wrote:
Have you considered a concrete mixing tub:

http://www.nothingbuthardware.com/263011.html

It looks like just the thing for your big beautiful girl. There would be plenty of room for her hay too.

That's really awesome! I wonder if it would fit in Elf's cage and I could get rid of two of her litter boxes (sorry for the hijack).

On a Dottynote.... Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! and I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Jen. :(

I love Dotty! What a lucky bun to have found you and Steve... just hoping I am as lucky in my quest for a rabbit!

Enjoy her!

Denise

Thanks you guys!

Patti, that concrete mixing tub looks great! I don't think the website will ship over here but I can have a look for something similar in our local DIY stores....

Otherwise, this is looking like it might be the best option:

8588.jpg

Hmmm, I am also going to get a padlock for her 'dog gate' to keep away potential bunny nappers! You shall not get her! Muahahahahaha!! :p

Dotty was great whilst we were away! She had lots of love and attention from the 3 visits a day lol. Apparently my brother sat on the floor with her for ages whilst my mum saw to the other buns downstairs. I was worried because obviously we've not had her long, and she is an only bun, but she seems fine. Apparently yesterday she bit my mum on the back of the leg, for no apparent reason! I didnt get chance to ask my mum properly about it, but it was only a little nip, and I'm willing to bet that Dotty had her head down for noserubs on the floor and my mum didn't oblige quick enough! :p

I'm looking forward to sleeping with her hopping round the room and demanding noserubs first thing! It just wasn't the same without her! :)

I would hope not. Its bad enough when a 5lb bun lands on your face! Never mind anything bigger. :shock:

Latest posts

Back