The Easter Bunny Poem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orions_girl16

Reaction score
Lol...Anyways I read The Easter Bunny Poem"Easter and Bunnies Dont Mix" and it almost made me cry because its sadat the end and I almost never cry..Am I the only one who found itreally sad at the end? I guess maybe because its pretty much true ofwhat happens to just about all rabbits that are bought onEaster. I wish people would be more responsible about buyingpets esp. when it comes to a certain Holidays you know what I mean? Itsreally depressing and makes me angry when people just think "Oh itsgoing to stay cute and fluffy forever and will be really easy to takecare of and yadda yadda..." Ok im shutting up now before I keep goingon about how irresponsible people can be when it comes to buying petsLol...
For those who havent read the poem heres the link:
http://www.rabbit.org/easter/flyer/flyer2.html

Take care:)
Michelle

It's not you.... I feel the same way about thepoem. It's very, very sad. The author must have intended to get thatreaction out of the readers, in hopes of discouraging people frombuying bunnies for their children on Easter just out of impulse.

It is really sad, but I think that unfortunatelyit happens to lots of bunnies. At my store, we don't sellbunnies for about a month around Easter. It is terrible thathappens to bunnies that are taken home as gifts and becomeburdens. It is wonderful that we have shelters and rescues,but so many people don't use them.

Ok, I've said my little piece.

Jen

That poem actually made my husband cry. He'dprobably kill me if he knew I posted this information, but I was reallytouched by his reaction. It made me get choked up, but no tears. He wasvery upset over it and didn't get over it for most of the day. We keepon meaning to write a letter to the editor to our local newspapers,about Easter rabbits, but we've been super busy this past weekend intothis week.

aww poor bunny :( I agree that bunnies shouldn'tbe bought around Easter just to have an "easter bunny", but i wouldntsay at all. I got Ivory the day before Easter, and brought him aroundto all my kiddies on Easter day, and he's still my baby. a lot biggerthan he was, but my baby none the less.

Latest posts

Back