The dreaded myxy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I presumed they would look awful, if you don't want to post pics, that's ok though.

Have you read fully through that thread that I linked to up there? What meds are they on? Have you tried having them in a steamy bathroom?

I'm not trying to harass you, I swear, I just wondered how your buns were doing?

Sorry lost the internet for a good while, yeah i read all the posts, the worst one seems to be on the mend a bit, and the other 2 are fine apart from one has a big black scab on her ear, not pleasant! Thanks for thinking of us! Luckily none of my others have caught it so i'm pretty lucky. However following on from my previously mentioned bad luck i had a rabbit have a dental and part of the drill or whatever flew off down his throat and had to be cut open and have it removed! God help me i have so many rabbits in my room and so many types of medicine it's beyond a joke!

I'm so glad these three are doing ok, but your poor dental rabbit! What an awful thing to happen. What on EARTH were the vets doing?

I'm so sorry they added to your stress :( How is the bunny now?

I'm very glad about your myxi buns though :) Very glad.

The dental one isn't great, he is being force fed and whines and squeaks everytime i touch him which i hate to see. It is just a joke at my house my mum's been ill for a year from cancer and chemo, same with my grandma next door and all of the animals i feel like a vet and a doctor and warden all in one lol

Poor you and your family, and poor the bunny. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. How is your mum? Are you her carer? and your Grandma? does the bun stand the chance of a happy life again?

If you want to talk about the other things going on in your life, feel free, we can support you if you want us to (although this thread may not be the best place for it, but the let your hare down section would be).

Again i'm just updating the thread i don't have much time to do this stuff because of the afore mentioned family problems and i know work 7 days a week :( The rabbit was the worst Myxy has got over it now, apart from bald patches, but she has now come down with an uper respiratory infection instead only a few weeks after taking her out of my high dependancy unit after 7 months of being in there. The rabbit that swallowed the drill bit that was mentioned above didn't make it. I had an appointment with the vets came home from work to get him and he fitted in my arms and died. Still not my life!!!

Hello grumpybabies, i had similar experience years ago and lost all my bunnies to myxymatosis, i am so glad that one of yours did survive. Dont know if this helps at all but i read recently on the internet that someone gives their rabbits coloidal silver and it has cleared up all their infections. I have been using it myself to clear up everything and anything as it is meant to be a natural antibiotic, but it is said to work for all animals too if you put some in their water and on one site actually mentioned curing a rabbit with myxamatosis. It might help the upper respiratory prob, obviously i am no expert but seems from what i have read that it can do no harm only good..

Back