The Chase Rabbitry - 09!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luv-bunniz

Reaction score
To cut a long story short, my friend is hopefully setting up a small rabbitry (well, its going to start small. No promises she will keep it that way!! ).
I will be posting updates on babies/photos of babies in this thread, because I know you all love baby rabbit pics :p

At first it is just going to be made up of Continental Giants. She has reserved 1 buck and 1 doe, which she is due to pick up on the 22nd (I think I am just as excited as her :blushan:). The doe is only young, so obviously will need growing on for a few months before breeding but the buck is also fairly young (14-15 months, which to some is quite old but keep in mind giants also usually mature later) so it should be OK. She said she lost the pic of the doe, so at the moment it is only a pic of the buck Lol (I reseved the buck for her as a suprise, but he mum knew about it all along as I asked her first. ;) ).

059.jpg

Sooooo....thats the start of "The Chase Rabbitry".

Just got this over MSN from her...

Both rabbits are here, the doe is only 8 weeks and 2 days old!! And they were being sold from 7 weeks and 2 days old..agh.
I think it would suffice to say that I wasn't happy with the conditions they were in. The male is bald between his legs, has bald patches on the outsides of his legs, has urine scolds, fur matted with urine/faeces, sore hocks, grazes and scabs all over his testicles (I'm not a weirdo, I tranced him to get out the matts from his feet because he couldn't walk properly and checked them once I saw the urine scolds) and by the looks of it, dirt/algae from the concrete on his penis. We will hopefully be bathing him tomorrow as long as he doesn't get too stressed and hopefully soon-ish be taking him to the groomers to get all the matts taken out, but tbh with you, the way he is looking - his whole back end will be shaved in order to take out all of the matts!
The smells terrible. One thing that is worrying me is that he has a round missing patch of fur, then like a black patch in the middle and fur on the black patch. All I can think of is round worm, but I think I may be worrying too much. Round worm is red and bald all over, right? =[
Anyway, thats that done. I will feed so much better when he is fully groomed!!

OK now a question from me, could this be a fungal infection and that is what is causing the fur loss and the weird genitals? lol.

This is probably better posted in the infirmary - you won't get many responses here.

I think what she means is ring worm, which is a fungal infection, not round worm which is an actual worm.

I've never seen ring worm in a rabbit, but in most animals that I have seen it in, it presents as a hairless patch of skin.

Latest posts

Back