The cause of an eye problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I thought Pernod had conjuctivitis againyesterday morning. Her eye was watering and very red, but, unlikebefore, she wouldn't let me look at it properly. every time I tried toget a good look, she tried to nip and pulled away. Last time, she letme look at it, put cream in it, and (thanks to Carolyn's advice) sheloved a warm flannel put on it. When john came in from work, I held herwhile he checked it and lo and behold, it wasn't conjuntivitis but ...a tiny, very sharp piece of hay caught between her eyelids. He managedto pull it out and we rinsed her eye, and you could almost see therelief on her face - she even binkied straight away. Ive checked itseveral times, and there isn't any damage done, but who would'vethought such a tiny, innocent thing could cause so muchpain? - Jan

Good Job, Luvabun!

I'm so glad our baby's okay.

I've taken things out of my rabbits eyes before and I know exactly whatyou mean as to how happy they become when you get it. You just want tobinky yourself because they quickly return to normal.

:)

Thanks for sharing that story with us.

-Carolyn

Oh how lucky you got it out of her eye, no wondershe was so happy, poor baby, you did a great job and she'll be muchmore happier now too :)

Thanks for sharing that. I havent found hay intheir eyes yet but like Carolyn, have cleaned a few eyes out. They areso much happier when you get. Mine usually groom me when I'm done. LOL

Lanna

It is so good thatyou shared that story with us! I don't think people think about thosekinds of things. But we know how much it hurts when we get a speck ofsomething in our own eye. You are a good Bunny Momma! :)

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back