The bunny bonding has begun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parsnipandtoffee

Reaction score
We started bonding the boys today! We have a week off work so it seemed the ideal time.

The spare bed was the only unexplored place in the house so we removedthe duvet, put lots of toys on the bed, Paul donned his thick sportsock 'gloves' and I had my water spray and then we added the boys!

At first they sniffed around and seemed to be totally oblivious to eachother (I took this as a good sign) Snips had a few sniffs at Toffs'bottom but he didn't seem to mind.

We had to move Toffee 3 times for biting at Parsnip, we sprayed andmoved him away. I think it looked worse than it was because each timehe had a massive mouthful of fur, but Snips is moulting really bad andyou only need to stand near him to get covered! (the hair was fluffyand when I looked didn't seem to have the roots on it like it wasbefore when he made him bald)

They lasted about 15-20 mins before we took them off but when we wentto catch them they ran together (safety in numbers I think!).

I think it went well based on what I've read on the forum and the linkthat you pointed me to. I feel quite positive about the whole thingnow, :colors:what do you all think?

Robyn x

Bunny Bonding day 2!

The boys spent 20 mins together today. Toffee went for Parsnip butthere was no fur loss which is good. I only used my water spray twice.

I'm pretty sure Toffee will be the dominant one, Parsnip looks like hejust wants to be friends and keeps bounding up to toffee sniffing andlicking!

maherwoman wrote:
I don't know much about bonding, but from what I've read, itsounds like things are going great so far!! YAY!!

:bunnydance::bunnydance:

Thanks maherwoman, glad to get a second opinion, it seems to be a very inexact science!

Oooh 2 more bonding sessions on day 3 and all iswell. Toffs has given Snips a couple of nips but nothing too bad. Healso spent about 3 or 4 minutes licking his face today on 2 occasions.I've taken some pics so I'll post them later

Wow, It's all going so well. A little too well maybe?

Here are a few pics of my bonding boys!

Ahh licking bunnies, How sweet!

IMG

Best of friends!

IMG

If you squirt me with this thing one more time it will bethe subject of a sustained BUNNY ATTACK!(Toffee Chewed thesquirter so now it has a leak!)

Do you think I look like my mum?

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help out.Toffee has given Parsnip a few nips on the back leg (the right onealways in the same place) Parsnip doesn't seem too fussed by it,butToffs gets sprayed and moved each time. Is this normalthough? Do bonded buns often nip as a way of communication maybe? Alsowe assumed that Toffee was the dominant one but he always licks Parsnipand rarely the other way round. Does this mean that Parsnip is reallythe one in charge. Can it be possible that Toffee thinks he's the bossbut Parsnip is really the one that calls the shots but Toffee is toodaft to realise? :D

Hope you like the pics

Robyn

What absolute CUTIES!! Looks likethings are going well! I wish I had some advice aboutbonding...I just wanted to compliment your babies' cuteness...:D

:bunnydance::bunnydance:

Not sure about the dominance questions but I amsoooooooooooooo jealous!!!! I wish to death that my 2 femalebuns would get along and bond. It's prettyheartbreaking that they hate eachother. I'm very happy foryour (and did i mention jealous???) ;)

Thanks guys, I think they're gorgeous too.

I bought Toffs for my boyrfriend's birthday and he picked him out, Ifell in love with Parsnip when we were there and so had to have him.Paul said he was UGLY!!! Anyway he's changed his mind now and agreesthat he's a beaut!

Hmmm Bunny bonding seems to have taken a stepbackwards at the moment. The boys were getting or so well on the sparebed, and kissing each other through the bars of the hutches that wedecided to try them in the bathroom. They both go in there sparatelyfor a run/play when one of us is in the bath or shower so although itwasn't a neutral room it was one that they both use the same amount.

It all went well for 10 minutes, jumping, playing, licking, kisses foreach other and mummy and daddy. Then Toffee bit parsnip on the bum. wesprayed and moved him until he calmed down then let him loose again hewas fine for about 2 minutes then went bonkers and turned into psycobun! Poor old Parsnip was trying to escape and Toffee was attacking himlike nothing I've ever seen. I thought he was going to kill him. So Iwaded in and ended up in accident and emergency with a bunny savagedfinger as a result. Toffee has took a big chunk out of me:Xand it hurts big time! Parsnip was shaking in the cornerunder the toilet and I had to throw a towel on Toffs to stop himattacking anyone else. So now I feel like this :(about bunnybonding and don't really understand how it will ever work!

Oh well I'll try again later and hope we both live to tell the tale!

Latest posts

Back