The Bunnies, My Masters ♥

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pocky

Reaction score
Hello there! ♥

Well, let me first start off by introducing myself. My name is Bi, it's actually pronounced lBee -- yes, bee, like the yellow and black stingers! I'm seventeen years old and apparently, I skipped puberty. (Well that's what my friends tell me...) Wait a minute, actually, let me rephrase that, I WAS a normal girl until the day I decided to get the bunnies or as I like to call it...the masters, and this my friends, is my journey on becoming a slave to my rabbits. :p

P.S.- both of my bunnies are Netherland Dwarfs...I believe Pocky is a broken grey and I'm not sure about Yume...the breeder told me she was blue, but she looks like a chocolate grey? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...!

(I'm just going to assume that there should be pictures right about NOW! -- sorry about the bad quality, these pictures where taken from my iPhone...:pray:)

IMG_1139.jpg

Hi WORLD! This is me with one of my lovable owner, Pocky. She loves to jump on me and I'm always paranoid about broken bones so I was holding her when my boyfriend snapped this picture!

IMG_0976.jpg

From right to left: I first got Yume (pronounced You-mei -- which means dream in Japanese and all I can say is that she is quite a dreamer!) and Pocky (she was pocket size and sweet like the snack) when they were 4 weeks old! Now they are healthy and chubby at 9 weeks. The breeder wanted to sell them off quick barely weaned and I just couldn't let them be sold to some kid that would be bored of them in 2 weeks...so I took the risk and I cannot be happier!

IMG_0978.jpg

This is their current setup -- I would say I did a pretty good job myself! At first they were separated but they would always snuggle and groom each other when I let them out...so yes, you can say I got soft-hearted. They are from the same liters and are actually sisters...one might say I'm a feminist, and I would not deny that.

IMG_0847.jpg

(BEFORE!)

IMG_1147.jpg

(AFTER!)

You see, when I first got Pocky, she was so finicky! She was a curious little bun that HATED being touched or held. After weeks of love and care, she became a couch-potato, always pouncing on me! Also, just letting you guys know, she is BUD...though I don't actually consider this little princess big or ugly!

IMG_1161.jpg

And unlike her sister, Yume loved napping and cuddling, she's such a sweet bunny but she's also very shy!

IMG_1146-1.jpg

...except in PICTURES! For some weird reason whenever I take out the phone to snap some pics she would literally jump up and down to be in the pictures! She's such a klutz and oddball, regardless -- I love them all the same.

Well, as you can see, I absolutely adore these little stinkers! They're odd and lovable at the same time. I wouldn't trade them for any bunnies in the world! (I guess this is the start of my B-L-O-G!) :biggrin2:

OOooh Harvey has a bit of a crush on Pocky haha He's also a BUB (even tho I don't like that term). And actually Pocky might be Himalayan coloring rather than broken, like Harvey.

What a nice set up and cute bunnies. Looks like you have gone way beyond what a normal person would do for their buns. Good for you.

Look forward to reading your adventures of becoming a true Bunny Slave!

K:)

That looks like the funnest place to live EVER!!!

I'm sure my Netherland Dwarf Horatio would LOVE to come and visit. He kind of looks like your little Pocky! (which by the way love the name AND the snack :p).

T

Thank you everyone that posted! It makes me happy that there are readers to this blog! And yes, IT'S UPDATE TIME!

So as you guys know, April Fools recently passed by. I was given an ultimatum by my boyfriend on that day: me or the rabbits? Ohhhhhhhh, he thought he had me cornered? Think again mister! I, of course, answered him nonchalantly as possible -- "The rabbits." Now, I've been dating this guy for over 2 years, and I have never seen him look so distraught. He ran into my room for who-knows-what. When I went back into my room, I see him on my bed, cuddling with the brats! Well, they are females after all...what can I say, I love my men in pink loving rabbits! As usual...all's well that ends well!

Now now, enough about me and on with the buns.....!

I believed that I can no longer be surprised with the antics that my buns pull...but boy am I wrong. One moment I was sweeping up trash and cleaning their cage, the next, I'm out on a treasure hunt looking for the culprit~

You see, this morning I was doing my slave duties whole-heartedly as a normal slave would do. I suddenly heard a BANG! and of course, being the paranoid me, I went to go find the source of the ruckus. Guess what I found? I found little Pocky in the kitchen covered in flour! That little brat! She somehow, being the 1.2 pound little rabbit that she is pulled down a 50 pound bag of flour. I was like :shock: "HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!" I ended up having to dust her off AND clean up the flour. Of course she got in trouble! Cage-arrest mind you! This is the look she gave me when I was about to scold her...

IMG_1155.jpg

("IT WASN'T ME!!!" -- uh huh, suuuuuuuuuure it wasn't you...I'm keeping my eyes on you!)

Then again, the apples doesn't fall far from the tree. Hence apples as in PLURAL! Guess where her sis was? Was today torture Bee day or something? While Pocky was under cage-arrest, I decided to find the other half of the dangerous duo so that they can't create any more trouble while I clean. Apparently, Yume thought it would be funny to throw all of my cosmetics out of my makeup bag and snuggle in it...yup, the chick's got some issues...

IMG_1262.jpg

("Don't look at me!")

Well, enough of my rantings...! Here's a cute picture of Yume grooming her feet while it's on her sister's bum...oh what do I do without them?

IMG_1169-1.jpg

I think that takes the cake (uh...flour makes cake?) for mischievous bunny stories. I wouldn't let Qtip read this post...didn't want her to get any ideas!!

They are SO cute!

I love that cage setup! Where did you purchase that? I have been looking into getting something similar but I don't know where to get one.

Your buns are so CUTE!!! Love them!!!!

ohbunnies wrote:
I love that cage setup! Where did you purchase that? I have been looking into getting something similar but I don't know where to get one.

Your buns are so CUTE!!! Love them!!!!
Oh thank you! I love the cage as well...! I actually built this bunny condo. It's super easy to do. It only took me about 5 hours to do it too. All you really need is one really large piece of wood, 2 boxes or 6 cubes grids (they were on sale for around $18.00 each), at least 150 zip ties, a drill, and chloroplast. I spent roughly around $50.00 on it and it's huge (it's around 6' by 4') I made it to suit my bunnies because Pocky loves the run while Yume likes to jump up and down alot. It also has three doors for easier access. If you want the blueprint/floorplan and where I got the stuff (I think they're still on sale.) Just let me know and I'll post it up. :')

qtipthebun wrote:
I think that takes the cake (uh...flour makes cake?) for mischievous bunny stories. I wouldn't let Qtip read this post...didn't want her to get any ideas!!

They are SO cute!
Awww, thank you, I think the buns know that they're cute, heck, they exploit the fact that they're cute. They're such trouble-makers! Sighhhhhh, I hope they won't be a bad influence on Q-tip! :pray:

toyabrooke wrote:
That looks like the funnest place to live EVER!!!

I'm sure my Netherland Dwarf Horatio would LOVE to come and visit. He kind of looks like your little Pocky! (which by the way love the name AND the snack :p).

T
I try to make it a fun place for the buns, that's actually a quite old picture of their cage though...need to update! I recently built them a cardboard maze, added a new hayrack, and several more hideouts for them!

I would love it if Horatio would come to visit...my Yume has quite a crush on him! I was on the forums and saw your post in the introductions thread. Yume was sitting on my lap at the time...she actually hoped onto the keyboard of my laptop and start chinning the screen! Silly rabbit!

-Bee

MagPie wrote:
OOooh Harvey has a bit of a crush on Pocky haha He's also a BUB (even tho I don't like that term). And actually Pocky might be Himalayan coloring rather than broken, like Harvey.
OH! I never thought of that! She's pure white except for her nose, ears, and tail. They're also getting darker! I also hate that term! Pocky always gives me a disapproving look when I mention it -- she's neither big nor ugly~ Looks like Pocky might be getting a boyfriend soon! :p

Well Harvey's definitely big, but in no way ugly.

And niether is Pocky. I adore her nose! I didn't realize it had a little bit of white on it. But yes it does sound like she's himalayan coloring. They get darker depending on the weather too. Much like a siamese cat. One of Harvey's ears lost most of its hair in the summer and it grew back white. During the winter it changed to dark gray black. Well mostly. Part of that ear is still white.

Latest posts

Back