The Bunhalla Bunnies 2010

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably best to cage the bun buns away even if Berry is presentable (lol!). Having people over for the holidays is really stressful enough. I know that when I have folks over I prefer to put Toby away (so people don't step on him or attempt to pet him). And Kirby and Penny, while they are neat and relatively friendly, I don't want them stressing out if someone does something unforeseen. I have had well meaning guests do the wackiest things to my rabbits while I am busy cooking, entertaining, etc. And when I find out about it later I don't know whether to be angry with my guest or with myself for letting it happen. Best to just not allowing the possibility, in my opinion. I put them in the cage and people can walk into to see, but no touching/petting. I politely tell them that the bunners behave unpredictably with strangers and it's for their own good :p

Well there really is no way any of the buns could get stepped on with my set up - there is still a pen that I would close the bunnies in so they won't be running around the whole apartment free or anything. The rabbits have plenty of space to run off too if someone annoyed them or they didn't want the attention.

Berry and Ziggy are VERY friendly. They would really enjoy the attention I'm sure.

The party is all adults, all family, and everyone who will be here Christmas eve has already met and interacted with the rabbits before. Chris comes from a family of animal lovers, and I really can't see them doing anything that would hurt, stress out, or otherwise upset me or the rabbits at all. I'm sure they'd probably go into the room to see them, say hello, maybe give them a quick pet, and that will be that. I doubt anyone will be overly interested in them, honestly.

Plus all the cooking and all that will be done beforehand, leaving me free to keep an eye on things. Chris will probably be doing most of the entertaining, since it's his family and his party pretty much. I'm not much of an entertainer.

The bunnies secret Santa gift got here yesterday!

I didn't give them any of it yet, but I peaked at it myself. :biggrin2:

I kind of wanted to give them their gifts early, because I want to make this whole thing out of it and take lots of pictures and stuff...I told the person who sent the gifts that I'd have pictures. But Chris thinks I should wait till Christmas.

Going to have to make sure I have my camera charged for Christmas. Kit is the cutest thing ever when he's opening presents...he LOVES opening presents! He gets so excited, he's like a little kid. He opens them so fast and then acts like it's the most amazing thing in the world that there was a new toy hiding inside the paper.

I think tomorrow I'm going to move the geckos into temporary cages and start working on setting up their new stuff in the big tank. They are getting their presents early, because I don't want to spend my Christmas cleaning/setting up lizard tanks.

11 more days till Christmas!!

Bleh spent 3 hours cleaning the bunny room todays. They are all doing well.

It's hard to resist and not give my pets their Christmas gifts early. All the bunnies presents are wrapped and sitting on top of their cage and I want to give them to them so bad! Kit's presents got delivered the other day and of course he could smell all the chews through the box so he went nuts trying to open the box. We had to hide everything from him.

Ignore the rest of this post if you don't want to read about my lizards :p

I finished with the lizard hides I was making and set up their tank. They seem to enjoy it.

Here's the lovely Princess Aurora hanging out in her castle...

DSCN6482.jpg

DSCN6486.jpg

DSCN6495.jpg

See her little head peaking out the window in the last picture?

Haku was making himself scarce and enjoying hiding in all the fake plants and new hides, but I got this random picture of him this morning...

DSCN6498.jpg

I have to get new UTH's (Under tank heaters for non-reptile people) for the geckos though. I'm going to wait until after Christmas, then I'll get new UTH's and new thermostats. Kind of stinks because the thermostats are like $100 but I want my temps to be more accurate than they've been lately. Our apartment has been getting so cold, that my tank temps are jumping around a bit more than I'd like.

Do you have to use fake plants? Aren't there any lizard-safe plants you could actually plant for them, or does that just become a major mess?

I don't have any lizards, but I would thing they would get a kick out of nibbling leafages (if they do that).

btw... the tank set-ups look like they are a lot of fun!!!

I give my pets their presents asap... because I think that they do not know when Christmas is, so they might as well get the extra days of enjoyment :D

Do you have to use fake plants? Aren't there any lizard-safe plants you could actually plant for them, or does that just become a major mess? I don't have any lizards, but I would thing they would get a kick out of nibbling leafages (if they do that). btw... the tank set-ups look like they are a lot of fun!!!

Thanks! I actually tried live plants but my lizards just trampled them, dug them up, and killed them. Leopard geckos only eat bugs, so they wouldn't really nibble on the plants - they just like to climb on and hide in them. The fake plants seem to work a lot better for that!

I give my pets their presents asap... because I think that they do not know when Christmas is, so they might as well get the extra days of enjoyment

I know they don't know what Christmas is...but eh I think it's kind of fun to have them all get gifts to open the same day we are opening gifts. I know if Kit didn't have his own presents to open on Christmas, he'd be going crazy trying to open ours. Silly pup loves opening presents, no matter whats under the paper lol. Even if they don't understand Christmas, I think they still get some enjoyment out of having a special day full of extra treats and presents! I like trying to make holidays a little bit extra special for them. The waiting till Christmas part I guess is more for us humans, but it won't kill them to wait awhile longer.

Love the lizard pics. I am getting the animal gifts together. Not that we got much but still. Giving it to them Friday.

Have fun! I'm sure they'll love their gifts! I have a few things for the bunnies - some willow toys and a few hanging toys for their room. The lizards already got their new stuff early, because I didn't want to spend my Christmas setting up lizard tanks! The fish and frogs are just getting a special meal. We went a little overboard getting Kit stuff though. Like I said, he actually really enjoys opening presents and we got him a lot of stuff he would have needed soon anyways, like shampoo and a new collar and bowl, it's just extra fun now since he gets to unwrap them. Out of all my pets, Kit is the most fun to give gifts too because he actually really really enjoys new toys and stuff. The other pets usually don't get as excited about new stuff as he does.

I have round 2 of my Christmas cards ready to send now...there is this huge pile of cards on my desk! A little last minute, but better than never. I still have 2 or 3 I need to send but I need to get more stamps....again! :p

Aw love to hear about the geckos! I have to get about 5 new UTH...for the snakes/geckos. Ugh!

Thankfully here at AZ I don't have to worry too much about temps!

I keep it cool in our apartment too. We try to keep the heat off as much as possible to lower our gas bill, and I'm kind of weird I guess, but I actually like the cold haha.

It's been pretty chilly here lately, in the 20*'s and 30*'s. No snow yet though! Well we did get some the other week, but just flurries and it didn't stick. I was really hoping for a white Christmas this year. I guess apparently it might snow on Christmas, but other than that I don't think we're suppose to get any snow before.

Brrr! It has been in the 70's here :p
You can get away with summer wear. At night, it gets cooler, so you might have to wear a jacket, but that is it. I am going to hug Arizona right now! ;)

You and I seem to be sharing weather. :p Seriously come visit us a short drive.
Ah I know! It would be a short drive I bet...only we don't have a car right now lol. I guess that's one of the benefits of living in the city - we get around fine here without one. Sucks when we want to travel outside of this general area though. We really need to get a new one eventually!

Brrr! It has been in the 70's here :p You can get away with summer wear. At night, it gets cooler, so you might have to wear a jacket, but that is it. I am going to hug Arizona right now! ;)
Chris always talks about moving somewhere warmer someday. I don't know if I'd like that though. I enjoy the cold and the snow here in the winter.

I feel like I'm going to fall asleep any second here lol.

I've finished like 12 pet articles for my examiner page in the past 2 days. Chris' Christmas vacation starts tomorrow, and he doesn't go back to work until January 3rd. So what is that like 2 weeks almost? I wanted to write enough articles so that I can continue my current posting schedule until Chris goes back to work, without having to write articles while he's on vacation.

Lucky for the bunnies and Kit...because one of my articles that will be posted around Christmas time is about home made rabbit toys, and two of them are dog treat recipes (Christmas cookies and birthday cake recipes!). So that means toys to try out for the bunnies, and treats to try out for Kit, because I need good pictures for my articles.

I think I've slept a total of like 4 hours in the past 2 nights. Zzz...Sunday night I couldn't sleep. Chris and I ended up staying up all night together watching movies. Last night there was a lunar eclipse that I really wanted to see, so I stayed up almost all night watching that on and off while working on writing. The eclipse was awesome! I was happy we could see it really well from one of our windows, so I didn't even have to go outside to get a nice view of it. Did anyone else stay up for it?

Ah our Christmas party is tomorrow! I'm going to be up all night baking and cleaning because of course I procrastinated all day
:biggrin2:

Berry's online boyfriend Oliver sent her the sweetest Christmas present! Haha sounds weird I know but I'm friends with Oliver's mom and we have fun playing around, buying presents and stuff for each others bunnies. We got it in the mail yesterday. I'm excited for Christmas when I give all the pets their presents! I'll make sure to take lots of pictures/videos.

Haha Ziggy doesn't care...he's Berry's brother, not her bf ;) Barnaby too! It's hard to explain, Berry and Ziggy are close - but it's always seemed like more of a good friend/sibling relationship (I think ha). Plus if Ziggy was her bf, what about Barnaby? She's bonded to both of them.

Being bonded to Berry means that Ziggy gets to share all her gifts with her! So he doesn't complain. Especially when Oliver sends her treats!

Ugh I've been baking since 10...and it's almost 3am! I've been in the kitchen baking for 5 hours strait...literally not taken any breaks at all until now! Ah Chris was so nice to volunteer me to make all the desserts for the party tomorrow...and of course in my typical fashion I waited till last minute to start.

I made an apple pie, pumpkin pie, cranberry nut bread, sugar cookies, ginger bread, chocolate chip cookies, biscuits for Kit, and cookies for the bunnies!

Luckily the only parts of the dinner I have to make is garlic bread and salad. Chris' grandma is bringing over a ham and all the sides.

Excited/a bit stressed about the party. I'm going to be like a zombie tomorrow though...staying up late and then waking up early because I haven't even started cleaning for the party yet!

Back