The Bunhalla Bunnies 2010

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit and the bunnies have been getting along so well lately, it's so cute.

We had Barnaby out hanging out in the living room with us the other night. We let him into the living room usually at least a few times a week, because one of his favorite things to do is lay on the couch and watch tv. BerryMel and Ziggy don't watch tv, they just run around the house. But Ziggy poops all over the floor so Barnaby and Berry get more free roaming privileges than he does.

Anyways the other day Barnaby and Kit where laying next to each other on the couch. Kit was sleeping but Barnaby was all snuggled up next to him watching TV...it was so cute!

And Kit's decided that after sleeping with us in our bed for the first few weeks we had it, that now the human bed is old news. Instead he's been sleeping in the bunny room right up against the pen that I've been keeping the bunnies in at night. I finally just moved his dog bed into the bunny room for him, so he'd have something comfy to sleep on instead of just sleeping on the vinyl floor. Barnaby lays right up against the other side of the pen, right next to where Kit is on the other side.

And the funniest thing is that Kit loooves it when Ziggy chases him. Yes my bunny chases my dog around the house. I really need to get a video of it sometime.

It's not the first time I've heard of people's bunnies bossing their dogs and cats around the house! Bunnies mean business! Still very cute though :)

Yeah, Ziggy really does have quite a wide nosey there! It makes him pretty cute ;)

I think the funny thing about Kit and Ziggy, is that Kit REALLY enjoys it. He doesn't see it as getting bossed around. Getting chased is one of Kit's favorite games. Whenever he's around other dogs, all he wants to do is get chased by them. Kit tries and tries and tries to get Ziggy to chase him, lol. When Zigs actually does...oh boy Kit is in his glory lol. He's a silly dog.

Happy first day of fall everyone!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's the first day of fall, but here I am with the AC's both running. I hope it stays cooler soon.

I've been going running 3 times a week! Now that it's not as disgustingly hot, it's been a lot easier for me to stick with my work out schedule. It helps also that Chris and Kit are my running buddies. On days I don't feel like running, they're always there to push me to anyways. Especially Kit - I think out of all of us he's enjoy this the most.

I've been working out a ton more lately too. This summer was just disgustingly hot, I never wanted to work out because it was always too hot and uncomfortably. But I've been feeling so good this week...the best I've felt for a very long time. I'm not getting my headaches as often anymore, and I've just had a lot more energy. I feel like I'm finally starting to go back to feeling like my old self again.

I use to teach karate! Well, I only taught the kids classes...but that's defiantly something I've been thinking a lot of getting back into lately. I think I'm going to start looking for places around here, and maybe try to get into a different type of karate then the kind I took before. Until then, I've just been getting back into it a lot on my own. I've been doing a bit of kendo with Chris too even though that's really more his thing than it is mine. I'm not all that good with a sword :p

Wow! I missed out on a lot of great pics and things going on with you!!!

If Kit really likes to run around that much, could I borrow him to excercise my St. Bernard? He is the biggest slug in the world and could use a playmate to chase after every now and then.

Picture018.jpg

Squeeeeee!!! Bunneh teef!!!!! (I guess he does have a big nose, but that's all the better to sniff out the good treats before any-bun else finds them...lol)

Picture243.jpg

Yup, looks like a pair of trouble-makers to me.... ;) (just too cuteto be mad at :p)

Pirate Day!!! I thought Naturestee was joking about it!!! There really is a "Talk like a Pirate" Day?!!! Kit looked rather smashing in his Pirate shirt!

Congrats on the new computer. Tons of fun, isn't it?!!! :biggrin2:

Poor Kit having to give up Fetch... :( He finally found the best-friend a dog could ever have, and now he's gone.... Almost made me cry for his hurt feelings, especially since they had so much fun together. :(

I'll have to keep up with your blog a bit more. It's been way too long since I've peeked in to see what was happening.

myheart

Aw thanks for checking in! I don't think many people are all that interested in my blog because I post a lot of non-bunny stuff. Ah well - I don't mind, and I may be biased, but I think my Kit is just as cute as a bunny!

Ha I dunno...could your St.Bernard handle Kit? Kit is seriously crazy. He's a real sweetheart but he's fullllll of energy. I have a friend with 2 border collies, and my sister has a Jack Russel terrier - and none of them have got anything on Kit when it comes to energy level! He drives me crazy sometimes honestly...I'm use to dogs who sleep all day...Kit barely sleeps at all during the day. I always have to try to think of new ways to keep him occupied so he doesn't resort to destroying all my stuff.

Talk like a pirate day is a real thing! It's September 19th.

Heh I love Ziggy's giant nose. I think he's probably my most photogenic bunny. And him and Berry are trouble makers!

I wish their feet didn't always look so gross in pictures. I swear they don't like that stained in real life. I think I might get a grate for their litter pan or something, because no matter how often I clean the box out they always seem to have stained feet.

Kit could run all of the laps he wanted. Slobbers would probably only run two or three laps. I just think it would be a hoot to see your hyper guy try to make my two-hundred pounder move his butt around the yard.... :biggrin2:

Ack about the stained feet... I only noticed the "innocent" look on Ziggy and Berry's faces. It's like they are saying, "Not doin' anything up here, mommy! Just getting a better view of the room..." LOL Or maybe more like, "She made me do it, mommy!!!" Just too cute!!!

Slobbers...is that his name? That's awesome!!

Ziggy and Berry are sooo cute together! They're quite the team when it comes to getting into trouble too. Poor Barnaby is like half their size, and he can't jump anywhere near as high as they can, so he gets left out of the adventures sometimes.

DSCN4840.jpg

He defiantly has the biggest bunny nose I've ever seen! I like to rub his giant nose and tease him about it sometimes...he's a good sport and doesn't seem to take the teasing to heart ;)

LOL! He does have a big one!

I took a trialkarate class one for about 4 weeks then had to quit b/c I burned my hands ironing my uniform. The instructor told me that was the first he heard that excuse! Thinking about exercising more now in the cooler weather by taking walks, however now the allergies are killing me! And I always have to time it right so I don't run into Yogi.

Ouch! Burning your hands ironing sounds so painful. Hey, at least you had a novel excuse right?

Karate is fun! I use to love it. It was a lot of fun, but then I moved to NJ and stuff and said I was going to take a break for awhile, then just never really got back into it. I want to take a more traditional type of karate sometime. I took Kenpo karate before, which is Americanized.

I really really REALLY miss living out in the woods and being able to go hiking. I use to go hiking at least a few times a week. That's by far my favorite way to get exercise. Someday I want to just live out in the middle of nowhere, in the woods!

Allergies suck. My outdoor allergies seem to act up most in the summer, which just happens to also be when I want to work out the least outside anyways because it's way too hot for me. But I have a lot of indoor allergies, the bunnies hay especially bothers me in the house. So mostly because of them, I have to deal with allergies all year long. They're worth it though.

I'm so glad it's friday! I feel like I've hardly got to spend any time with Chris all week. I have to clean today, and I'm going running tonight - but I think I'm going to try to have a relaxing day other than that stuff. I only got a few hours of sleep last night so I'm kind of dragging today...Zzzzzz.

Isn't it ironic how we love our buns so much and yet we're all allergic to them or the hay? Life is cruel ;)

It could be that I'm vacuuming every day or it could be that I am on so many drugs but my nasal allergies aren't bothering me much lately. I hope the 2nd allergy season of the year goes away and doesn't come back. I don't like winter at all but if it's good for one thing it's a break from allergies.

Ah yeah allergies...In a way I think it's kind of ironic. All three of my bunnies where given up by previous owners because of allergies! I probably wouldn't have them now if it wasn't for other peoples allergies. Then, go figure, I'm allergic to hay. I can usually tolerate it pretty well though. Especially now that the bunnies are in their own room.

But oh man...I remember when Zeus and Barnaby use to live in my bedroom. I would get these horrible allergy attacks if I accidentally breathed in hay dust. It was so painful and I felt like I couldn't breathe. But I haven't had that happen since we moved, and I keep the hay contained better.

Oh but hay splinters are the worst thing ever!! If the hay sticks into my skin even a little bit my skin in that area gets so itchy and red and infected...it's so gross. I should probably be wearing gloves and a face mask to handle the hay...but I never bother.

I can't imagine having a bun live in my bedroom 24/7. It'd kill me and my husband in 24 hours flat. I used to grab Toby and we'd play on my bed but that's stopped since the severe allergy symptoms took over.

I hear you on the hay sticks. One time i must've gotten stuck by a wad of hay and it formed a totally sick pattern on my arm, in the crook of my arm. I didn't notice it till I was out and it itched. By then it was too late and I looked like a junkie freak with an allergic reaction all day!

Yeah hay sticks suck. Usually mine just get really really red and itchy, but a few times the area where I got them got infected and that's the worst. I've gotten like abscesses from hay before...yuck.

It was horrible keeping them in my bedroom, but it was when I was in college. I lived with a few other students and the only spot I could keep my bunnies and not have random people annoy them was in my room.

I have the urge to rearrange the bunny room again, ha even though I just painted and rearranged recently. I just want to move the cage and pen around, but I'm not sure how yet. I think I should try to hold off, because rebonding with Ziggy and Barnaby is going really well lately, and with any luck I'll be able to leave them alone all the time again sooon. Then I guess I can rearrange after that, because then I won't have to worry about having two cage areas to separate the boys.

I'm such a huge softie when it comes to me pets. It's raining here today, so I had to tromp Kit out in the rain this morning for him to go to the bathroom. He didn't seem to get the concept that the faster he did his business, the faster we would have gotten back inside. He just kept trying to walk back towards the house ha, and I wanted to go in too - but that would just mean going out in the rain again soon when Kit couldn't hold it anymore.

Sooo then I get in and change and sit down on the computer to check my email and everything. Kit kept asking to sit on my lap and I told him "Oh no you're not sitting on my lap while you're all wet!". So he sits there at my feet giving me sad puppy eyes for 5 minutes and that's all I could take....yup I have a sopping wet dog on my lap. But he's all snuggled against me and it's so cute. I wonder how many changes of clothes I'll go through today? It's suppose to rain all day.

Oh Kit has me wrapped around his little paw...and he knows it.

Such a sleepy rainy day today. Chris worked from home today - now that we have an awesome computer he can do that once in awhile. He hurt his ankle in kendo and didn't feel like walking around on it in NYC in the rain.

Soooo Chris was hogging the computer all day, and I didn't really feel like going out in the rain either. I decided to start cleaning out our storage room. The people who lived here before us used it as a computer room, but we just throw all our random junk that we don't have anywhere else to put in there. It's getting waaaay to cluttered though. I went through a box that we've had packed and stored in there since we moved in almost 2 years ago, ha.

Theen I found my old sleeping bag in there. It's really really old, like I've had it since I was 7 or something lol. I kept it stored here all this time because I've been planning for forever now to cut it up and make crate bumpers for Kit.

So I'm not the best person at sewing...but I don't think I did too bad. Kit likes it!

017.jpg

015.jpg

That stupid thing took me like 5 hours to make though. But I was happy, because getting the sleeping bag out of the storage room freed up a good amount of space. I think it looks nicer and real life. Those things sticking up are ties on the outside of the crate, they look bad in the picture. Eventually I want to make him a crate cover, I have to get some nice fabric that will match our bedroom better.

Bunnies!!

Snuggling with Berry
005.jpg

Aw I woke him up...
006.jpg

Loppies...
007.jpg

Barnaby's hair is getting long again! I guess I'll let it grow out for the winter. He looks kind of funny with his side fur though! Barnaby and Ziggy have been getting along well lately. :biggrin:

Kit's actually really clean for a dog. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that I brush and bathe and groom him very regularly. He sheds a tiny bit - not bad at all. Usually I never see his fur on the furniture or anything I think because I get most of what's loose while I brush him.

Anyways if it does get dirty it should be fine to just throw in the wash. :)

The bunnies are being kind of boring lately. No adventures lately, no waking me up in the middle of the night. They've been pretty quiet. They all just seem content to be lazy lately.

Chris got this game, Civilization V the other day and its pretty addicting. Even though I had all this other stuff I wanted to get done today, I ended up playing that all morning. :expressionless

Latest posts

Back