The 'Buck Pack'

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
As requested, here's a picture of another invention by The Great Buck Jones.

spoiled rotten 1.jpg

"Upscale"(read expensive) back pack purchasedinexpensively at a yard sale. Simply fold opening backcover1/2 way over, so that it drops into the back, leaving an"open window" for buns to peer out of, while their bodies are securewithin the inside/bottom. That particular pack has asecondary opening cover made of mesh, so I could contain thebun(s) entirely in the pack with that zippered shut if that were deemednecessary, yet they would still be able to breathe.

Instead of wearing the pack on my back, I reverse it and wear it on mychest. buckling the waist band behind my back, instead of the front,had it been worn normally.

That particular pack, fortunately, had an adjustable chest strap thatspanned one's chest, when worn normally, and attached to the shoulderstraps. In my configuration, it serves admirably asadditional support across my back when carrying not only one bunny, buta bag full of bunnies, as is depicted in the photo of our dear departedMaxie, the Dutch buck, and his, now widowed, partner, Mitzie.

The various and sundry "gear" pockets on the pack now serveto carry suchrabbit relateditemsas, hats and bonnets, lint rollers, leash,harness, and whatever else we think wemight have need of.

It is a spacious bag, so depending upon the size(s) of the rabbit(s)involved, I may add or subtract additional "packing" material to holdthe bun(s) securely, usually old toweling.

Some buns take to it, no problem. Others take more time toacclimate to it, or get "antsy" after a while. Iwould recommend harnessing the bun, with a long leash attached to youin the beginning, in order to assure you will be able to capture itshould it "jump" out of the bag inadvertently. I never hadthat problem, and you do have a certain degree of control over the bunbecause it is immediately in front of you, but just incase.........best be prepared.

I say long leash because a short leash could lead to bunny hanginghimself from you or the pack if it were not long enough for him toreach the ground in an escape attempt.

Total expenditure...$1.00. Total practicality..... worth manymore dollars, not counting the attention your bun(s) will get, Iguarantee!

Buck ;)

I have some old back packs and working on that now for my little guys. Big BIns has her own transportation

big_bun_4.jpg

big_bun_5.jpg

I don't think she will fit in a pack but she would love it for real

Another FABULOUS idea from Buck!!!!

I tell you, what would we do without youhere?

Bunty, Big Buns is ridin' in style!

I wish that I had a "chauffeur" to"drive" me around! ;)

Carolyn, Thanks for thepicture. Both of Buck's buns look so cute in theirpack. So that is what that handsome little Maxie lookedlike. Buck is just full of ideas. What acreative fellow he is! ;) Lucky for usthat he is so wonderful about sharing! ThanksBuck. Beckie

I'm bringing this back to show BlackiesMum.

-Carolyn

You really have to quite bumping this thread!Everytime I see it I want to go and get a nappy...this, coming from thegirl who had to have a harness after seeing those fantastic pictures ofElf . So let the girls master one thing at atime

hehe

Cher

:bump

Now that the weather is getting nice, a lot of us like to take our buns out.:sunshine:

I Loved Buck's idea and the way he was so considerate to go into details about it.:thumbup

I can picture Buck walking down the boardwalk on the Jersy shore with his buns in his pack.

~Jim:tears2:

You really have to see the whole picture to appreciate it....

attachment.php

:D

That is just the cutest thing,i love that idea.The kids and myself were in a petshop not long ago and i seen a bag that you carry your little dog in and i picked it up and said to the kids "hey wouldn't this be cool to get for the buns,i can carry a bunny around with me lol" They looked at me and said "well don't think that were gonna walk around with you then"and then they laughed at me lol,my eldest son is 15 so he has a bit of a reputation to keep with the girls lol.

cheryl

Oh, that is just adorable. I was unfortunate in missing Buck's time here on the forum. But from what I read, and his love for those bunnies shines like a lighthouse beacon in his words, he was quite the amazing bunny friend. I'm sorry I missed his time here.

The picture is adorable...he looks like such a kind, gentle man...and I always find it adorable to see a man so in love with animals. :)

cheryl13 wrote:
They looked at me and said "well don't think that were gonna walk around with you then"and then they laughed at me lol,my eldest son is 15 so he has a bit of a reputation to keep with the girls lol.

cheryl
Cheryl, you tell you 15 year old boy that a there's no bigger babe magnet then a guy with a bunnie.:nod

Read on to seeBuck's post about it....

Buck Jones wrote:
Lemme tell you, as a guy who sometimes carries a bun out in public in a "front pack," rabbits are a geat "Babe Magnet," if I ever saw one. I can't walk twenty feet without being stopped by women, most beautiful, to ooh/ahh and coo over the darling bunny. It would be the easiest thing in the world to seque into a personal conversation/invitation with many of these wonderful ladies, but the Missus is usually close by, moderating "bunny" activities.LOL

Instead of getting ragged about being a rabbit fancier, if I were you, I would be lining up dates with allthe women by using my bunny, live, to run intoductions for me. See who has the last laugh, then!

Buck
~Jim

maherwoman wrote:
Oh, that is just adorable. I was unfortunate in missing Buck's time here on the forum. But from what I read, and his love for those bunnies shines like a lighthouse beacon in his words, he was quite the amazing bunny friend. I'm sorry I missed his time here.

The picture is adorable...he looks like such a kind, gentle man...and I always find it adorable to see a man so in love with animals. :)

I think this is one of my favorite pictures of Buck. I can't tell who's more blissed-out...Buck or Cali :D
(For those that don't know, Cali is Carolyn's Giant Flemish)

Latest posts

Back