The Bonding of Kinobe and Leia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myia09

Reaction score
Is going well! Here are some picturs and videos :)

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

Videos: (Click)

Cute couple.

Is that their cage? Can you put some type of shelf to give them a little more room in case they want to be by themselves evey once in a while.

I look forward to more pictures & videos ithe the cute couple.

Susan:)

No, that isn't thier cage. Kinobe has his own complete room. I am using that pen to put her litterbox in. She right now has the pen/hallway. That crate is terribly small for any rabbit to live in at all. :p

Then I use it to block off so they stay in the nuetral place. It also works because Kinobe has gotton used to her pen/smell and they eat hay together in it.

I should have been more clear; I assume everyone reads my blog :p

Bonding isn't complete..these are just sessions. :)So they are still living apart.

Aww looks like they are making great progress. I will have to swing over to your blog someday when I have more time and read about the whole bonding process, sounds like I might be doing it here in the near future.

So, it is so far great. I moved her pen into his room, and I found them sleeping next to each other. They now get free time completley together when I am home, even with me in the other room.

What is REALLY funny is that Kinobe is DESPERATE for her attention...he will either go up to her, or when she comes around him, and submissivly pancake to try to get some grooming. I do think she *may* be a little independent for him :/ Does that make sense? Like he wants a girlfriend, but she just wants to be friends LOL.

Another thing is that she is NOT potty trained. So far she pees in the litterbox, which is pretty much the best thing I could ask for, but poops EVERYWHERE and everyday I am cleaning and cleaning and cleaning.

She is also still very skittish/shy of me. It kinda is a bummer, since Chewy (who I am close with) partner Anakin is really independent of me too, and I would really like another close rabbit.

I guess I am still in "shock" that he has a partner, and I have four rabbits now!

But his personality has become so much better! He is more active (There is more spring in his hop I swear!) and more frienlier twoards me as well (Instead of ignoring me he is coming up to me more)

So I know this was the right choice. :)

:)

So glad things are going well.

Don't know if this matters, but you said that Kinobe is submissively pancaking to try to get her to groom him...I actually think that means that Kinobe is trying to be dominate. I've read a lot about bonding dealing with my pain in the butt trio, and from what I've researched the rabbit that's asking to be groomed the most is usually the more dominate one, not the other way around.

Like I said I don't know how much that matters in your case...but it became important to me with my trio. At first I thought that the ones who where asking to be groomed more often where being submissive, which I was happy about because I thought I had two more submissive rabbits and one more dominate one. But when I started having problems with them I did more research, and found out that apparently actually the ones asking to be groomed more often/first are usually more dominate...it's kind of like they are saying "hey I'm the boss so you groom me first".

Back