the big 'THUMP!'

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
umm, as far as i know, it could mean they'reangry, or hungry, or they just want attention. i think some bunnies arecrazy and just thump to annoy their owners.

Hi Mhiszxpinay,

I agree with dreamgal, it usually means they're mad. Innature, it also stands for a warning of danger to otherrabbits.

You would probably get a kick out of the following website as it givessome insight into their behaviors.http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html
HolStandButFly2A.jpg
<-by Pamnock (Love this little one!)

-Carolyn

usually bunnies thump when they are scared, inthe wild when a bunny thumps it warns all the other rabbits in thewarren that there is danger.

sometimes our house buns thump to get attention, or food!! Pipkinthumps before she goes into her cage, I think it is sort of a way toclaim territory, "This is mine!!! eveybody stay away!!"

lol.

~ cam

Yeah, like I said inanother thread, Umbra has even thumped after getting scared of mybrother's size 16 feet! Oh and he also has thumped afterjumping off of my bed (whatever...), and once for no apparentreason. I'm serious! He was just sitting there,eating his food, and then 'thump!' thump!'. Why? Ihave no idea.

--Melissa and Umbra

Suspect it could mean: I'm scared,angry, tired, bored, confused, tired, cold, hot, lonely, upset,pleased, curious, and/or I'm warning you; or, any combination of theabove!. LOL

Buck

What Buck said! :D

Sebastian thumps when he's irritated. Inour house it is theequivalenttoa handgesture that some humans seem particularly fond of when they areirritated! :shock:

Yup as Buck says.... any of the above... Max doesit when she doesn't want picked up and Henry rarely does it.He must feel quite comfortable, well except when we put the frying panon! :?

o i c. lol ok. i was just wondering! thank youfor ur answers!! lol. because emmy thumops everytime i put her into hercage everyday after 2 hours of her free time! lol :D

Yes, she's probably peeved that you cut her freetime short. :DPeanut thumps if we're not promt enough withbreakfast in the morning.

Back