The big carrot patch in the sky...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreabaylon

Reaction score
:(
It's taken me a little over a week to be able to write this. But writing helps make it more real. We lost our beloved Flemish Giant, Thor, to unknown causes last week. He was perfectly fine, acting his usual rambunctious self one evening. The next morning he was laying stiff in his pen.

This has been EXTREMELY difficult for us to handle. We loved on this bunny sooooo much!!! He wasn't the friendliest of bunnies; I have the battle scars to show it! But Golly gee wiz did I adore him! All I wanted was for him to let me hold and cuddle him and if that meant I had to suffer some bloody bunny bites then so be it!

Thor was only seven months when he passed, far too short a time to have spent with that big ole furball. Despite being a baby still, Thor was a BIG bunbun! He weighed about 16 pounds. It wasn't until I had to hold him in the car on our way to the Humane Society, holding his dead weight, that I really realized just what a big boy he is. He will be sorely missed for a long time to come.

P1040207.jpg

P1040189.jpg

P1040188.jpg

But all is not grim for our mourning family. I didn't want to live a single day without a giant bunny in the house so I started looking around the internet and found a flemish/florida white mix that had been at a shelter for nearly a year. Yesterday we brought Linus home.

securedownload.jpg

He is Thor's polar opposite; all he wants to do is kick it next to me on the couch watching tv! While no rabbit can ever replace our dearly departed Thor, it feels good knowing that we were able to save a bunny from a life spent in a shelter.:biggrin2:

Oh i'm so sorry you lost Thor...what an absolute gorgeous boy he was..

I am so sorry for your loss, Thor was a handsome bunny. I can relate to what happened with Thor. I had a light gray flemmie doe that was my heart bunny. One day she was fine the next she had passed on.

Linus is a very handsome bun.

I am so sorry. He was very handsome. It is wonderful, though, that his passing inspired you to give another big bunny a loving home. Binky free, Thor.

Latest posts

Back