The Amazing Adventures of Lux and Tali: Buns on a Mission!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLove♥

Reaction score
Yay an excuse and place to talk about my buns all the time!

So we're apartment shopping. It's an incredibly difficult thing to do when you're a student working a minimum wage, part time job and 2/3's of your family is covered in fur. I found someone amazing though. They have two adorable kids and they even have bunnies! *squeals* The add's been up for about three weeks so I'm hoping it hasn't already been filled, because these people sound absolutely ideal for me. AAAANDdd the best part of all is that they'd be willing to trade babysitting for part of the rent. I'd do it for free! I'm so excited I can't wait for them to write me back. Cross your fingers for us it hasn't been filled.

I also inquired a few other adds. I don't actually want to live with stinky college students though. haha. For one thing most places aren't pet friendly and the ones that are seem to all be big party houses. So I answered a couple of each. On the no pet ones I played up how well behaved and small my buns are. If it says no cats and dogs I'm going to assume buns are acceptable. :p

We got it :) I'm moving in three days. Things have been completely insane. I've been moving things all week. The people I'm renting the rooms from have the sweetest kids ever. Their little girl asked if she can bring the buns in for show and tell. :p

I've been trying to bond them and I really thought I had it for awhile until they started fighting again and I found out Tali is a girl. Now I have five hundred extra problems on top of all of the stress of moving. I'd never give up Lux and I am really attached to Tali...who needs a new name now... I'm hoping I can figure something out to keep them both, but if I can't get them to bond (and stay bonded) that's not going to happen. I thought they were being difficult, but I guess it turns out for boys they were being pretty good. I had them together 100% of the time for a week and they were fine. They just recently started going at it again.

It was really cool having them together when they were getting along. They're still okay until they start mounting each other and then they bite. They were cuddling all day and playing. Lux seemed so happy to have a friend. That was the whole point. I just hope I can make this work.

So glad you found a place to rent!! I recently moved to Cali too, and we found our place in 2 days... But it was more by luck than anything else!

Where are you going to school at?

I hope you can get something figured out with the bunns... How old is the unneutered boy? Or are they both unneutered?

Thanks!I love California. I've lived a lot of other places. I'm from Canada originally and moved a lot growing up, but California is the only place I ever feel at home. I'm finishing up my last year at Humboldt State right now. :) I still have a whole extra year after that to get my credential though. Where did you move from?

The bun situation is difficult. I'm going to keep trying though. They're taking turns being free bunny. My house is entirely empty so they have tons of room. I have the play pen set up for one of them and the other one has free run and I switch them every day. If we do fun stuff like playing in the garden or by the river than I let them both out together and just watch them like mad.

My mini rex Lux is 2 years old and I'm guessing that my angora (who's new name is pending) is maybe 4 months. My new roommates have a 1 1/2 year old mini lop named Jack. Lux is neutered, my angora and Jack are not. My roommates said they would get theirs fixed though. :) I don't know if it's an option, but I'd really like to get the three of them bonded once everyone is fixed. I know it's not really ideal 3 males, but I don't think I could part with either of my boys.

We're moving in to our new place tomorrow! All my things are already at the new place and now it's just the buns. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit all their things into my little car though. Now that they need to be separate I have even more crap to bring. I have their pen, a large dog crate, two standard sized cages and two travel cages.

I'm sure I'll manage though. If I can get a queen sized bed and box spring ontop of my camry I can manage a dog crate. It was a pretty hard trip though. My sister helped me tie it on my roof and we accidentally tied all of the doors closed and had to go in through the windows. We stopped three times to retie the ropes and in the end she just held it the whole hour and a half drive. I'm just glad I got the brunt of it over before all this rain. It's been nonstop raining for days and it's suppose to continue all weekend. :(

It's funny the buns can really tell that something is up. I think they're bored in my stripped down house with nothing to hop up on. I think it will be nice for them when we move and someone will be home all the time. My schedule is just crammed full between work and school, but now they'll have the kids to keep them company. Lux does really well with kids and what's awesome is that these kids already know how to handle bunnies. :)

For cuteness I'll had the luxtopher and my little sister Gracie. :)

luxandgracie.png

Very cute bun, and the sister is rather cute for a human too :p

I would be careful bonding your boys with a roomate's boy, just because if you do get them to bond they will grieve if parted. You probably won't live together forever, so it wouldn't be nice to have to part the buns later. Just a thought.

I hadn't thought about that. Do you think it would be possible to bond my two boys and then possibly have Jack as a playmate occasionally if I can get them to get along?

I got my first set of nic cubes today. :) I don't know how else to keep them separate for the time being. I got two boxes so I'm going to use my exercise pen for one bun and the nic one for the other and I'll rotate them. I'm going to buy another box every paycheck and see what I can do.

Lux broke out of his pen today and gave my other bun a scratch on the nose before I got to them in time. I usually tie the cage closed with ribbon because Lux is such a smarty pants he can get out if he wants to badly enough, but I must have forgotten this time. I understand why they fight, what I don't understand is how they were completely fine for a week until they started up. Hopefully the storage cubes will solve the problem until I can do something more permanent about it.

I was telling my mom about it and she keeps telling me to give him away. I don't think I can do that though. Maybe as a last resort and once he's fixed they absolutely refuse to be friends....

The new pen is working great! Lux and Loki are very content in their new space. The kids had a sleep over last night so there were four kids running around and they did just fine. They took turns 'walking' Loki on his leash. Lux got to be free bunny. He was really good sticking in the yard even though there are lots of holes he could escape from. He went to explore them, but as soon as I called his name he turned around and went to check out a new area. The kids were really good. They didn't run or chase them so the bunnies hopped right up to them to check them out. Loki was begging for attention when the kids were playing with Lux. He was perescoping out of his pen so the kids could reach him for pets. The yard is awesome. Lux was running around all morning. They have a big dirt box for digging, lots and lots of grass to binky in, lots of hiding spots, and an awesome garden to get into trouble in. I worry less too since I'm in a city now. There are less animals to bother them outside. Jack is getting more attention too since the kids are so excited about the new bunnies. When I go out to give my bunnies some love they follow and give Jack some. :) I can't wait until I'm unpacked enough to find my camera. They transitioned so much better than I thought they would.

I like being here too. I love my room. I can walk to work. I live close enough to walk to a few friends houses. I love being around the kids. Last night they insisted I read them bedtime stories in my bed. It was really sweet. I love it. It's good practice for me too since I'm going to be a teacher soon. I'm already feeling all the extra time I have not driving. Right now I'd be driving to work if I was at home, but here I haven't even changed into work clothes yet.

Yay I'm glad everyone is settling in nicely... And so nice the kids are loving the bunnies too! :) Sounds like this place is really ideal for you, and walking to work is a huge plus!! :)

Just remember that they're not neutered yet, so they still have a lot of hormones playing into their behavior... Don't give up yet! :) Once they're neutered and have some more time, I'm sure you'll have better luck bonding them. I know it can be discouraging because you just want them to get along... But just give it some time. :) (And neuters!)

Show and tell was a success! The buns did better than I could have hoped.

I tore down Lux's NIC pen yesterday and the kids are helping me put it back up. It looks awesome. I'm so close to finishing, but I need to study today and I ran out of zip ties. All it really needs is a roof. He's got three stories of awesomeness. I'm sorely missing my camera. I'm sure it's in my moms house somewhere...

I'm so glad I decided to keep Loki when I found out he was a boy. He's such a sweet thing and so different from Lux. Loki is so confident. He goes bounding in to any situation and up to anyone with no inhibitions. He loves to picked up and held and will actually sit on his hind legs until I lift him up. I fall more in love with him every day. \

Lux is so calm especially since I had him fixed. He's my lover boy. He's the bun I get when I want to cuddle and watch tv. I've had him for such a long time we have all of our little games and routines worked out. \
\
I really want to get Loki fixed. I'm going to keep trying to find some kind of assistance program. Money has been a serious problem lately with the move and from Loki being sick. It'll get a bit better once I recover from moving. I'm looking hard for a second job and I had to apply for food stamps the other day. It hasn't gone through yet but it will be nice to eat something that doesn't come out of a box. :p \
\
Even with all the problems it's nice to live so much closer to campus. I actually have friends and I can actually see them outside of class now. haha. I'm closer and I have more time since I'm not spending 21 hours driving every week. The last couple nights I've been kitten sitting. My friend found an abandoned 4 week old kitten. He's still on formula so he needs to be watched while she's at work. The kids are stoked. I feel a little guilty. Since last night every other word out of their mouths has been hinting that they want a kitten too. haha.

Jack finally let me pet him for a bit. He hops up to the fence to say hello now, but he still flees when I'm in his enclosure. we took him out and put him in Loki's pen so that he could get a bit of love and that went well, but the kids got bored after about a minute. I don't get it because they will spend hours with mine.

Loki is growing and has learned how to scale his pen. Zoe generally notices his escapes before I do. Thank god he's not skittish and lets me run to him and pick him up. I keep making modifications to his cage to keep him in and it hasn't worked. Today I gave up and let Loki take the NIC condo since it has lots of shelves for a rambunctious rabbit and more importantly a roof. Lux is in the exercise pen. He's not the Houdini Loki is. I came out this morning and Loki was standing behind Lux's NIC cage. It looked like he was standing in the cage next to Lux though. I about lost it.

I got a new job yesterday. The job is a behavioral aide working with kids with problems. I'm jazzed. I have an interview today to do the same thing only with kids who are institutionalized. The interview is in an hour and half. That's the one I really want. I wish I could concentrate enough to get something productive done like homework, but I'm too nervous so I'm just playing on the internet instead. :p

Second job means more money and more money means Loki is getting neutered soon!

It was amazing! I got both jobs! I'm keep them both too. Actually I'm keeping all three. :p It's going to be a challenge, but so worth it. I went into the first one to quit and then I just couldn't. I sat down to talk with my boss at my retail job to quit and she got really upset and I agreed to try to work just one or two shifts a week so I wouldn't leave completely. The job in the group home is the one I'm really excited about. I'm going to be there full time working with this one kid who I adore. I got all of my finger printing and everything done on Friday. Now I'm just waiting for the paper work to go through so I can get started. :)

On a less happy note, I had my car broken into last night. They knocked down my rear view mirror and stole my birth certificate and papers with my social security number on it. I know I'm stupid for having it in my car at all. *sigh* On friday I was putting my information into the computers at work for taxes and all that and I just left the folder in my car. This is the third time since last October. I don't understand why people target my car. I know it's not personal. I don't know enough people in this town and no one has a grudge against me....

Ah well. I'm just lucky I have good friends. My friend and her husband are helping me put my rear view mirror back on, they even went out and bought everything I needed for it. I spent the day with them so I wouldn't stay home and sulk.

Thats great news about the jobs!

I would notify your banks and credit cards that your info was stolen, watch your credit rating. You don't want someone opening credit cards with your info.

My first new job is amazing. I worked 12 hours on Saturday and 15 on Sunday and now I'm completely completely exhausted, but I had fun. :)
I feel guilty about leaving the buns for such a long time alone over the weekend though. When I got home I just crashed and in my other job where my shifts are shorter there was still weekend time left to be bunny time, I guess I'll just have to make up for it during the week. It's still going to be hard though since the starting at 6 am and finishing at 6 pm is the earliest I can manage...

I hope so. I feel really bad. I have today off since usually I'm in school all day on Wednesdays and it's thanksgiving break. I'm getting some new storage cubes to get something going inside. The weather is pretty lousy and they've both been inside the last week and they are stinking me out. I clean up every day and at the very least every other day so I'm not sure what to do about it. I rent a room so there isn't a whole lot of room for us. I have money now to fix Loki so I'll be making an appointment this week hopefully. They only do it on Thursdays though so it is going to be a serious pain figuring out how to get him there. It needs to be done though. He's old enough now and I can't keep dealing with keeping them apart. I don't know if fixing him will do it though. He is such a fighter. Still its worth trying. Lux is really calm. All three boys enjoy each others company. They sit as closely as they can to each other but if they have a second near each other they try to rip each other into shreds.

Back