The adventures of Shirley, Theo, and Snowy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChocoClover

Rabbit Geek
Reaction score
I should have made a forum for them when I first joined, right?

Anyways, I first got them about a month ago. My previous (adorable, fluffy, sweet, etc.) mini Rex, Otis, was an amazing experience. I was so sad (still am, actually) about his death. Of course, I wanted another rabbit. I found a good site online and picked up my bunnies two months later.

(Yeah, I know I've repeated this story in several posts already)

Snowball was at first named Cotton Tail, but I couldn't remember that name, so I renamed her.

For the first week that I had them, I was still waiting for the big cages to arrive. They lived in weird plastic bins. (I couldn't wait for the cages to arrive.) Theo kept getting out and trying to mate with the girls through the top cage mesh. Luckily, the girls couldn't position their bodies that way.

Here's a picture of that:

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1399996840.388790.jpg

Yes, it's pretty funny.

Finally, the big cages did arrive. They were actually not too hard to put together.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1399996894.870129.jpg

That is where the buns live now. They are large and I always keep some sort of cardboard toy in each cage, as well as a place to sit off the wire.

I hold and exercise them every day. I have a harness and a playpen. If I feel like being lazy, I plop a bunny into he playpen and sit nearby. If I want to run with my bun, I use the harness.

Here's my playpen:

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1399997073.963343.jpg

It will soon have a bird protecting net over it to keep birds of prey out. I don't really think a hawk would come while I am there, but you can never be too safe.

I bred Shirley to Theo (or Theo to Shirley, I'm not sure how that works) last Friday (May 9). I am planning to keep more rabbits eventually, and will need more cages. If I decide to keep any of these babies, I will get another cage stack. I am getting a summer job this summer so I can pay for expenses like that. However, I might want sell all the babies. I probably won't, though, because I do want more rabbits and I know that the babies will be too cute for me to resist.

I will post more stuff regularly about the buns.

So... Here I am, sitting in the school lunchroom, wishing I was holding a bunny. Sweet, soft, cuddle bunnies... I should stop. I'm just making myself want it more.

Now I get my bun time! Finally!

Shirley is on my lap.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1400027706.524474.jpg

She just tried to housekeep my arm -- twice! She's a crazy bun. She's nice to hold, even though she nibbles EVERYTHING.

Nuggle wuggle bunnykins.

I wuv her

I just took out Theo from his cage and gave him a bunch of outside time. I do this regularly with all my buns.

Theo was FULL of binkies today 😊

He also did a bunch of bunny zooms all over his playpen.

He was the most active I've seen him in awhile. He's so cute. 😍

Yup! They are lovely.

The other day, I took Theo out so I could cool him off. I do this with a wet washcloth on the ears. I picked him up fine, but I think he thought I was going to cut his nails because I got him into the same position I use to cut nails. He made a mad dash under the bun cages and started thumping. I tried to grab him like five times, but he is too slippery. Eventually, I got the broom and used it to push him (yes, I know, mean bun mom, but don't worry, I was gentle) to the edge. My dad came in to help and caught him when he came out. He scrabbled like mad for a second and then went calm. Later, when I was cooling his ears, he even tooth purred a little.

Yes, I know. Crazy bunny mood swings.

You gotta love them.

Latest posts

Back