The Adventures of Merlin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merlin has been very busy moving..... into his new "crib"!! Tim (my boyfriend) and I spent a couple weeks making the plans to build Merlie a homemade condo, and after much bickering:pullhair:and banging:construction we managed to pull it together:

BHut1-1.jpg

The Bunny Pad

BHut2-1.jpg

Downstairs-Bathroom, Kitchen

BHut3.jpg

Upstairs-Bedroom/Lounge

Wow that looks cool! Does he like it? I want to build my own rabbit cages too, I am sick of not being able to find NIC cubes here :grumpy:.

What's in the little attic bit at the top? I see a door.

Thanks! Tim really outdid himself (especially on the roof..hehe) Merlin really seems to love it, it took him a couple days to figure out the stairs. I had to "help" him. I originally was going to do an NIC cage but Tim insisted on building him a "house" instead. I can imagine the NIC panels are hard to find for you... I couldn't even find them anywhere! I know I could have gotten them online, but Tim was determined to build his house himself.

The attic is storage (I thought of that idea) I put his hay, food ect up there. I figured I could use it seeing as how Tim made this huge roof, lol.

All Merlin needs now is his queen to complete his castle;)

Well, Merlin seems to be LOVING his new house. Sometimes he doesn't want to come out (which is something he never did in his other cage). He's a goof...and he's getting older. I just realized today how much bigger his is, it's like it happened overnight. He went from wee tiny baby to a big boy so quick.

I found a box and placed in on my bed (Merlin's favorite place to play) and draped a blaket over one end. Here are some pictures I took:

Merlin-Tent1.jpg

Merlin-Tent2.jpg

Merlin-Tent3.jpg

Merlin-Tent4.jpg

He is such a kissy face lover boy:p

I am worried though, that he is upset/depressed because of the new bunny, Marina. He is eating/drinking okay, but he seems to be eating less pellets than normal (or just slower than normal) and his activity level has decreased a tiny bit. Maybe it's a mixture of the new bunny and the fact that he is getting older...but I thought that right now (he's 5 months) would be his most active time. He still goes crazy a couple of times a day when I let him out, does dead bunny flops ALL the time and loves all over averyone, but he doesn't seem as rambunctious (spelling) as he used to be. :sigh:

I think maybe I'm paranoid. I watch him sometimes when he is sleeping (or at least I think he's sleeping) and he looks like he's either dreaming or fighting to stay away. His whiskers and face muscles twitch and his head bobs a little, then he either drops his head down, or pops up really quick. :huhHe gets a good amount of play time, a little (10-15 mins) in the AM before I go to work and 4-5 hours on average when I get home. Maybe he just wears himself out?

Anyways, he has an appointment to get neutered on Monday the 7th. I'll be by his side the whole time (I work at a Veterinary Hospital) and I'll be able to spend the rest of the day with him, so I'm so very thankful for that. I'd be a train wreck if I couldn't be there with him. I'm lucky I can "go behind the scenes", caused I'd be one pain in the a$$ client if I couldn't.:stikpoke:panic:

I know this is Merlin's Blog, but I guess now It'll be Marina's too. Here'sa little bit about her:

She came from a Dutch breeder in Inverness, Florida called Alpine Acres Rabbitry here is their site if you are interested:

http://www.alpineacresrabbitry.com

I got her on Wednesday 7/1, I met the breederinTampa, as she was going that way anyways and it would be convienient for both of us. She has a very nice rabbilty from the looks of it and beautiful Dutchies. Marina was the only bunny they had for sale (I'm guessing they decided to keep the others for breeding stock or the other littermates had found homes already). A couple of things happened that made me think that I haden't found Marina by accident. So I decided to buy her and take her home in hopes of eventually bonding her with Merlin.

When I got her home she was terrified. I can't say I blamed her. The car ride, the new smells, the grumpy bunny next door, the dogs...EEKKK! She seemed interested in attention but when I went to pet her she'd growl, thump and back away.Her and Merlin had a few disagreements:boxing throught the cage bars and she got a tiny blood blister on her lip. Poor girlie.

Well its been a few days, and she really has come out of ther shell. She isn't too shure about being allowed out to roam at her leisure, and when she is out she hurries around looking at everything suspiciously but she's getting the hang of it I think. She was one of 80 rabbits so she probably doesn't know what being a house bun is all about, but she will ;)

Okay. I'm going to give posting Marina's pictures another go.

Here she is the same day I brought her home:

Marina-July2.jpg

Marina-July3.jpg

And here she is just a few days ago, enjoying her first time "out"

[url= target=]

**************UPDATE******************

After taking Merlin in to be neutered today, I have discovered that Merlin is not a boy, but a GIRL.:thud: Im absolutely shocked! Haha, it makes me feel better though knowing that the Doctor also thought he* was a boy on his first visit 2 months ago.

Needles to say , Merlin (now Merlie) did not get neutered today. I shall bring her back in in 3 months to be spayed.

:embarrassed:Kayleigh and Merlie:mrsthumper:

!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WE"RE BACK~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!

So, after about a 4 month long "hiatus" (or lack of a better term) Merlie* (yep, she is still a girl):Dand I are back at it. I've not had computer access in almost that long and I also had some other "set backs" (including a suprise engagement!) YaY!!! But enough about me.... lets direct our attention to Merlie.

She's an adult now...about 9 months old. I actually just brought her home from being spayed. She's pretty much a space cadet right now, but she made sure she let me know who's boss on the way home (I'll give you a clue.... I am mosy certainly NOT the boss...ever.):nope: I am so very pleased with how well the vet said she did with the surgery, although she was the tinyest bit concerned with a slight elevation in one of her liver enzymes. I'll be taking her back in about 1 month for a recheck.

It's really amazing just how quickly her personality changed when she went through bunny puberty. She still isa cuddley little kissy face, but on her terms. She refuses to be picked up and taken out of her cage. She must get out herself or else. :devilShe laid claim to certain places on my bed, and only certain people at certain times are allowed to sit there. She is a little brat, and she knows it. She has really taking a liking to my *fiance* Tim. They are great buddies, and if he is in the room, you better believe Merlie thinks no one else exists.

Thats all I have time to write....I'm too wrapped up in watching Merlie... yeah, yeah, I know...I'm a nervous nelly. Keep her in your prayers:bunnyheart

It's nice to be back again:bunnydance:

Kayleigh:bowMerlie:bed:

Kayleigh, you forgot the Merlie pictures! She sounds so sweet and sassy :biggrin2: I'm glad the spay went pretty well, keep us updated on the liver enzymes. Also, congrats on the engagement!

While you were gone, I got my new bunny girl!

I've been meaning to post some pictures I randomly took of Merlie, but between finals and work I haven't had much free computer time :)

Here is a few pictures I have taken in the last couple months...nothing special...oh, well wait, they are special cause they have Merlie in them! Duh!:biggrin2:

Upload12-7-08069.jpg

Upload12-7-08085.jpg

And here are a couple shots I got of Merlie giving me kisses... I'm a lucky bunny mommy, she does this all the time! I really do think she is trying to groom me because (and I know it's kinda yucky...) my face is kinda oily, and she must think its dirty....or she just loves me alot. She kisses my fiance too, but nobody else really.

Upload12-7-08071.jpg

Upload12-7-08072.jpg

You can just see her little tounge! What a lover she is! (Well sometimes). I think she has mellowed out a tiny bit since her spay, but that could just be me imagining it. I can't believe she'lll be a year old in Feburary!

Well, sadlythats all the time I have today... until next time...

Kayleigh;)and Merlie:bunnybutt:

Latest posts

Back