The Adventures of Lola

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kohana

Reaction score
Introducing....Lola!!

I finally got my bun! We went to pick her up from the SPCA last night :D She is super sweet. She doesn't think much for the carrier but as soon as we got home and I put her in her new home she warmed up right away. She started to eat some hay and explore. She wandered into her hideaway and success! She loves her blankie and hidey house. After a few more minutes of exploration it's time to settle for a rest.

IMG_0990.jpg

The cats are super curious as to what this strange creature is. After a few curious sniffs and many minutes of watching we realize things are going to be just fine.

We wake up in the morning to find all of the carrots eaten and lots of poops everywhere (she is litter trained but after getting spayed she just needs a few days again). I tidy up her cage a bit and give her some new hay. As I am cleaning she comes up to me and nudges me. I start stroking her forehead and she instantly loves it. She lays down flat and closes her eyes a bit as if she is in heaven. :inlove:

I come home from work to find that she has definitely started using her litterbox more. I open up the cage door and she comes to the door to lay down for some more rubs. I get up to make some supper and look back into the living room to find Lola exploring! The cats come up to sniff her and she doesn't seem bothered in the slightest! Maybe one day they will be friends :) All throughout the evening here Lola has been out and about exploring and of course coming to get lots of love :hearts: I am so fortunate to have found such a sweet darling and I very much look forward to the many adventures we will have together. :inlove:

Here are some more pics:

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

Not at all! Actually it's quite funny, my one cat Callie was laying beside the entrance to Lola's cage and Lola came up to her and started getting into Callie's face to get her to move. She then sat down in front of her cage and stared at Callie as if daring her to come try that again. Silly bun :p

Congratulation on your beautiful bunny!!! She is gorgeous!!! I might have to look around at the rex bunners to see if I can't find one as beautiful as Lola is.

I absolutely love this pic:

IMG_0998.jpg

If that isn't a, "What? Who me?" -face, I don't know what is...LOL

Lola is sweet. I hope you have many years to treasure her and post pics of her.

myheart

Thank you!! The SPCA figured she was only about 2 years old so I am sure I will have many years left to love her :)

She is super sweet. And so amazingly soft. She also really, really loves rubs. She will hop up to either my boyfriend or I and sit nearby waiting for us to pet her. As soon as we start petting she lays right down flat and starts closing her eyes.
IMG_1001.jpg

And a close up :)
IMG_1002.jpg

I've only had her for a few days but I already love her to bits. :inlove:

She is just the sweetest thing ever! And I just :inlove: that you got her from the SPCA. That makes me so happy. There are so many great shelter buns out there waiting for forever homes!

I love the pictures and can't wait to hear more about her.

I know. I think I will probably only ever adopt my buns from the SPCA or get rescue buns from now on. It breaks my heart thinking about all the sweet buns out there that need a loving home. :hearts:

Okay :) I will get some up later today. We just have to take Lola to get her stitches out(from being spayed) and then I want to add a second level/balcony so that she has somewhere to hop up onto. So I will post some pics of my finished work :)

Today was a bit of an eventful day for my little bun. We had to take her into the SPCA to get her stitches removed from getting spayed. She does not like the travel carrier, she gets very nervous. Poor bun. I brought her home and she ran out of the carrier, ran around the corner to do a thump and then laid down so I could pet her. It was quite humorous. :bunnydance:

My boyfriend and I ran out to do a few errands and I picked up some things to create a second level in her cage. Here are the pics of the new renovations:
IMG_1006.jpg

Lola in her favourite spot.
IMG_1009.jpg

She hasn't had any ambition to jump up onto things since we got her. I'm wondering if that is just cuz she was spayed 2 1/2 weeks ago. Hopefully the new level will come in handy someday :p

Actually she hasn't used it yet :p I may have to lower it a bit. She tried hopping up onto our couch for the first time today and she couldn't make it. Poor little thing! She was a few inches too short and she tumbled bum over tea kettle onto the floor. The couch is only about a foot and a half off the floor so maybe in the future I may have to make a step for her.

Kohana wrote:
I know. I think I will probably only ever adopt my buns from the SPCA or get rescue buns from now on. It breaks my heart thinking about all the sweet buns out there that need a loving home. :hearts:
That's how I feel, too.

About how big is she? And is that indoor/outdoor carpeting on the floor in her cage (can you tell I'm still trying to find the right flooring for my girls? lol)

Yea I was thinking about making a ramp or something up to it. Just have to go find/make one. Perhaps make a wood one with some carpet on it.

Lola isn't very big. She is about 2/3 the size of our small cat and I'd say she weighs about 3-4 lbs. or so? I'm bad at guessing how much things weigh :p

The flooring of Lola's cage is actually some fake turf. There were a few scrap pieces leftover from my work so I cut them down to size. Lola seems to love it. It's not too prickly and it has about an inch of dense foam underneath the turf. Plus it is very easy to clean :bunnydance:. I just have to shake it out and brush it with my hands. And if she ever were to pee on it I could easily just wash it in the tub :)

Flurry didn't like to jump to the othe level in her cage so we put a lower level sort of like steps, she likes to hide under it too:)

Awesome thanks! We may try that too. My boyfriend and I are scheming a bit to think of the best way to go about it. :)

Latest posts

Back