Thats it - Ali is getting a water bottle!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
Do you remember the Californian I got from my neighbor at the start of deer hunting season? The one who had and lost a litter?

Well, she's as spunky as ever but appreciated being petted now and is a lot easier to handle.

I've been big on crocks for water, or even small litter boxes used as water dishes, but Ali takes the cake. I constantly have a wet floor, Im always refilling it - even full, she'll sit in it.

I put a brick in the box to keep her from tipping it but that didnt last long.

*sigh*

I don't care for water bottles per se, but thats the point I'm at now. I set her up with two large ones and she'll just have to deal with it.

Oh dear! Lol, as frustrating as it sounds, it is quite funny! I used a bottle for my first bunny, Oliver for a similar reason. Merlie (knock on wood) hasn't mustered up the thought of trying to tip her water, although she tries to tip and move everything else in her house.

Good luck with the water bottles, what a little stinker!!!:biggrin2:

Tony and Clover both have waterbottles and Bo used to - he got spoiled with the quick lock crocks I get.

The last time that I tried using a water crock, Berry-Boo shoved her face to the bottom of the bowl and came up sputtering. That ended that. Fast.

:laughsmiley:poor girl didn't know the water was in there so deep and almost drown herself!! LOL!

This thread made me lol! :p
Casper has to have a bowl everyday, I hated using water bottles! but anyway, he likes to tip up the water bowls - even crock bowls. Good on him they are usually empty but also likes to pee in it when its empty lol :?

LOL!!

I got fed up with crocks when we just had Maisie, and the stinker would CONSTANTLY knock it over. We had a nice, big, heavy one, and she just WOULD NOT let it stay full. I think the Princess wanted what royalty should have...whatever they want! LOL!!

Since changing her over to a bottle, we just have everyone that enters the house drink out of one, and now they all have Water Buddies, so all's good! No leaks, no noise...wonderful!

Another thing I should point out about our spoiled buns...they all drink about 32oz every couple days...from the biggest bun to the smallest. So crocks just aren't a logical choice for us. :D

Luv-bunniz wrote:
Casper has to have a bowl everyday, I hated using water bottles! but anyway, he likes to tip up the water bowls - even crock bowls. Good on him they are usually empty but also likes to pee in it when its empty lol :?

That's so funny! Our horses will do that with their grain tubs! Makes us so mad!

We fill Bo's crock 2 times per day, Clover's every other day, and Tony's once a day.

We fill the horse's big water tank once or twice a week - and it has to be scrubbed out...... ewwwwwwwwwww!

kherrmann3 wrote:
Luv-bunniz wrote: 
Good on him they are usually empty but also likes to pee in it when its empty lol :?
TALENT! lol
Not when he tips it up with the pee in it :p
Do you think he is hinting that he needs a bigger bowl so it dosent get empty quicker? lol.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Luv-bunniz wrote:

Our horses will do that with their grain tubs! Makes us so mad!

Isnt it a shame horses arnt easy to litter train?

But horses beat rabbits hands down, ick! :p

All of my buns have bottles....except for Chippy.
She started out with a bottle, but always seemed to be frustrated with it...rattling, biting, nudging, and pawing at it.
I switched her to a bowl when she got sick quite a while back, and now she refuses to use a bottle.
She got into the habit of tipping the bowl over at least once a day....making for a major clean-up each time.
I got a small soup bowl that has handles on it and I clipped it to the side of her cage.
Now she just drags her blankie into it about once a week :rollseyes

Lol, ditto JimD. Max refuses to use anything but a water bowl. He would tip over every kind I tried until I went and bought one of those food/water combo curved plastic dish. It's too curved for Max to bite it and the base is wider than the top, so he can't shove it upside down either.

I tried a water bottle for him too since he always dumps his blankie and toys into his water :p. Unfortunately, he couldn't figure out how to drink it, so he'd push the top of his head against the nozzle and let tons of water pour onto the cage floor instead... LOL. So back to the double bowl dish. He's a boooger.

Leaf wrote:
I've been big on crocks for water, or even small litter boxes used as water dishes, but Ali takes the cake. I constantly have a wet floor, Im always refilling it - even full, she'll sit in it.
At least there is the option of multiple water bottles, so that she can get water--and you can find some extra time and peace of mind. LOL!!!

My tiniest bun is trustworthy with onecrock. But the minute you add a second one(e.g., toencourage her to drink more water), she'll shove it around until all of thewater sloshes out of it. :?

Just a few days' ago,she entirely emptied a crock(though left it standing upright). Of course, she looked innocent when I (rhetorically) asked, "What did you do?" :p

My Cali boy is like a big, happy dog. I had to move his water dish to the opposite corner of his cage because he'd got into the habit of stomping/standingin it whenever he beggedto beg to be let out. For this reason, one of his nicknames is Dufy (doo-fee) Boy (as in dufus boy, but I always say/mean it lovingly). :)

Latest posts

Back