That time of year again...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again. The timewhen my rabbits start acting like a bunch of freaks! (And the cats toofor that matter.)

Every turn of season, the animals act all crazy and right now is noacception. Valuran has been trying my patience BIG TIME over the pastfew days. Last night, Abby chewed a hole in the couch. :?

Chompers is being his usual angelic self, but the other two......:growl:we'll just say.

Anyone else notice a change of behavior?

Hi Stephanie! :wave:

No Wonder! It's the season for NIGHT OF THE LEPUS!:scared:

Tucker acts that way year round. Fauna hasbeenespecially loving and attached to me. That'sunusual for her. She's normally veryindependent. Cali's pretty steady in her demeanor.

-Carolyn

Ahhh Fall! Several buns here are inmajor molts right now. They look terrible. Theweather here has finally cooled down and is pretty much below 80*daily. The buns may finally get to use the run I built forthem. Maybe this weekend...

Jen

Hmmm....Bunny has been acting a bit naughty the last couple days. I wonder if that's it.

Yep -- those coats certainly areblowing. Fall is always such a depressing time of year for mebecause it reminds me of when my mother died. Always seemslike so many sad things happen in the fall . . .

My father-in-law had a heart attack this past week -- the doctor isamazed that he lived through it. Surgery went well andhopefully he'll be home today.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Yep-- those coats certainly are blowing. Fall is always such adepressing time of year for me because it reminds me of when my motherdied. Always seems like so many sad things happen in the fall. . .

My father-in-law had a heart attack this past week -- the doctor isamazed that he lived through it. Surgery went well andhopefully he'll be home today.

Pam

:pray:

I'm so sorry about your father-in-law, Pam. I hope he makes a quick and complete recovery.

Agreed that fall can be depressing. The loss of the sunlightreally throws people, I think. I've noticed that many peopleI've spoken to have been quite down in the dumps lately.Especially 2 days ago.

Will say some prayers for you and yours. You'll be in my thoughts.

Stephanie,

Gonna make an apple pie? You're inspiring me.

-Carolyn

Hmmmm....that explains Skittles' EXTREMELY LOUD antics in her cage at 3:00 AM.:growl:

Also probably explains why she ate the window blinds lastnight. And why Hef kicked and gave me a giant Frankensteinscar on my neck. And why Poco is the only one behaving for achange.

Pam - I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I hope his recovery continues well.

I LOVE fall! Apple picking, leaf-peeping, sweater weather but best of all FOOTBALL!:yes:

Penn State (my alma mater) is 3-0 so far! I know a lot ofpeople think he should retire, but I love my Joe-Pa!:inlove:I'd love to see him win another championship before he does retire.

I love those warm(ish) Autumn days when theyleaves are all golden and brown...eccept usually English (andespecially Northern:p) autumns are rainy and cold. Oh well, i love thewinter! My birthday and Christmas both in December! And of coursesnow!:bunnydance:I hate it getting darker though as i can'tsee my bunnies as much:(but i do love being snugged up insidewith the fire on when it's dark and cold outside. So far my Autumn hasbeen freezing and pouring it downsome days (and i had to playhockey in it:shock:) and really warm and sunny, like today, way to warmfor our winter school uniform which is what we are at the moment.

I haven't really noticed any different behavior in my bunnies, althoughi have noticed Ruby doing mini binkies when i come to give thembreakfaston a morning, and at night when i come to put thembackin their run. I've given her something to take away someof that extra energy tho,a box stuffed with paper bags andnewspaper, she loves shredding it! Millie is just racing in and out ofher tunnel and rearranging her toys.:D Instead of becoming lessfriendly (which they usually are when i have to spend more time atschool and doing work than with them) they are even more friendly! Thecome running up to me when i get back and practically run me over! lol.I love playing with them before i do my homework, it's a nice break.:D

Pam: I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I will pray that he recovers quickly.

BunnyMom: Go PSU!! I sympathize with the fall allergies. My nose is running and I can't stop coughing.

Oh, the buns here are acting up too. I've been nipped by morethen a couple of them. They are in EVIL mode. AndI'm going to make them even worse. I have to go back to workin a couple of minutes, but when I get home, they are getting theawful, horrible Nutrical!!

Jen

First day of Autumn..

Very pretty view of treesturningcolours. Some leaves have already fallen.We are getting morning temperatures of5*C/41*F. Some rural areas are gettingfrost.

Rainbows! :)

We had such a nice day. And yes, apple pie is on the horizon. Apple crisp tonight though. :p

Pam, I'm very sorry about your father-in-law.

I agree, this time of year can be rough. I like early/mid fall when allthe leaves are turning and it's still warm enough out where a fleece orthick sweater is enough. Plus, it's great sleeping weather.

My hubby's birthday is on the 14th of December. :) Ayla is due November 28, so we'll see. Thanksgiving baby!

Latest posts

Back