That NZ-Flemmie cross I requisitioned..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoinBackToCali

Reaction score
He gets so excited to see me now.. he has been here like.. 6 months maybe? he bull rushes the front of the cage.. and just rubs his chin all over everything.. if I go to the rabbit next to him first.. he thumps, and thumps, and thumps, and thumps..

I just noticed..like as of today, he is now making some weird guttural sound. My first instinct was *Oh gawd, he is sick* So I picked him up, looked at his paws, his nose, his teeth, his ears, he's fine... but his *nads* STINK... I mean STINK..not that I put my face to em and smelled, but when I held him up to check him out, his smell knocked me over.
The instant I put him back down... back to chin wiping and thumping and weird noise making.

From what I understand, he was an Easter Bunny from this past Easter.. so he is right at a year old..

I have never had one act like this... is he normal?

ROFLMAO! :faint: Well, you can clean out the "nads", that will help a little, for a little while. (Got a gas mask?)

He love you! Really... umm, and he's umm... "excited" to see you.

I have a couple of Flemmie boys that talk to me, chins and Grunts and grumbles... And one Mini Rex boy that chins and grunts at me. You should be flattered.

Oh, but he thinks your SPECIAL! Very special! LOL! (of course, he can always be neutered and that will solve a miriad of issues...)

My Charlie is a grunter. We make fun of him behind his back (Misty and I). He makes this throaty constant grunting noise and then tries to mount Misty (poor girl). Sounds like your boy is happy to see you too!! :p

Nadia

Flemish have a special 'aroma' in short they smell more than your average bun, my boys are quite pungent and musky, particularly when their amorous. Rabbits also have chin glands and they use these to scent mark, hence the chin rubbing, he's just marking.

This is the big REW? When I saw his picture I thought 'Altex', which is a terminal sire crossbreed developed for commercial production. While I think their trying to make them all Californian pointed I believe its still possible to get REW's from A&M, or it was possible. They were developed to gain weight quickly, be very fertile, so your guy might have an extra dose of testosterone. He could just have an Altex sire, but he looks big enough to be an Altex to me. Let me look for links-

http://users.tamuk.edu/kfsdl00/altex-article.html

http://users.tamuk.edu/kfsdl00/rabb.html

Bramble-
I read the links, I was thinking "These were the lot that came outta Baton Rouge for the Easter sales so it's not one of the A & M Altex's" and lo and behold.. bottom of the first link...

"[font="Times New Roman, Times"]A second nucleus unit of Altex stock was established last year at Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, LA."

I knew he was different then my other NZW's.. especially since he by far outweighed them..

That is really a fascinating article.. thanks for the links!
[/font]

Actually, I came across that article quite sometime ago, well before I ever got the rabbit.. I just did not snap that he could be that. I just assumed he was a NZW, and then when he turned into Godzilla, I KNEW he wasn't..

Glad that it helped, he may or may not be an Altex but at least you've got an idea of where he might have come from, or whats behind him. Thats not going to solve your stinky problem though.

GoinBackToCali wrote:
You never know what you have till you've cleaned it with Tarn-X
:laugh:I almost forgot about those commercials until you said that!

Latest posts

Back