THAT IS IT !!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lover_Of_Lopz

Reaction score
I cant take it any more!!!Summer wont stop chewing on the bottom of her cage!!! it is loud and is making me go crazy:panic:can any one help me I will try just about any thing! I have tried vinegar, red wine vinegar ,and I am now trying filling the bottom of her cage with a little bit of water! she likes the plastic part of it..........

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz520.jpg

I don't know what to do...... I love the new cage but she keeps everyone up all night!

:panic:!!!PLEASE HELP ME!!!:panic:

Which part is she chewing? Shes probably bored, you could fill a few toilet rolls with hay for her to chew and stuff or give her some newspaper to rip up etc x

I know my rabbits chew on everything also...some of mine have really liked this: http://www.pet-shop.net/html/rabchew.html

then again, some don't even touch it - they like old branches from trees that fall in my yard, so I keep those for them when I lock them in their cages at night.

Anything cardboard they'll chew on.

From everything I've read/observed...because they need to chew to keep their treeth trimmed, they have to chew (including plenty of Timothy hay - helps keep their teeth worn down also)...they also do it as a stress/tension reliever (being a former nail-biter, I can relate, lol)

Seems to me that you can only re-direct this...she's always going to chew - and if she's doing it when you're not around, I'm not sure if there is anything you can do to completly break her from chewing on the plastic other than giving her lots of other things she can chew on.

I know what you mean
mine dig at the floor

they are natural diggers

You could buy clean sand that is for a kid sand box and make a big box for her to dig in during the day when she is out of the cage but you would need to do this in an area that you can mess up as it would be a mess to have sand everywhere
otherwise you could cover the floor of the cage with towels (if she doesn't eat cloth ) as mine will dig in cloth also and it doesn't make any noise.

I know you like your cage but if she had more room she might be quieter

can you put an x-pen around the cage and let her come and go at night?

She doesn't look like she has much hay in that picture? Try giving her lots of hay on the bottom of her cage, and more toys to chew, that might help.
And definitely see about giving her a pen around the cage, so she has some more space. I agree with others, she is probably bored.

Hazel-Mom wrote:
She doesn't look like she has much hay in that picture? Try giving her lots of hay on the bottom of her cage, and more toys to chew, that might help.
And definitely see about giving her a pen around the cage, so she has some more space. I agree with others, she is probably bored.

I agree- does she get hay? My bunnies will often eat a lot of hay when they're bored, instead of playing with toys so much. As Becca said you can also try stuffing it into empty toilet roll tubes etc for her to play with....

The thing is that some times she stays at a friends house and she cant have a pen their. So I want her to be quiet when she is in her cage.because she will be staying in their bedroom and they have a bun but he is old and makes no sound at night what so ever. So I need something to keep her from chewing while she is in her cage.

More hay or chew toys may help. Another thing that might help is putting a grass mat on the bottom of the cage. They sell seagrass mats and placemats at home decorating stores, and sometimes at hardware stores or drug stores. Pet stores also sell grass mats too as something to chew and dig on.

Is she spayed?

I say this because when my girls are wanting to breed - they start chewing and digging and stuff. Its pretty easy to tell that they're "getting in the mood" so to say.

If she's not spayed - I bet if you were to flip her and look at her privates - there is a good chance they'll be a bit swollen and a bright red.

I would cover the bottom of her cage in hay. It will give her something to chew, dig in, and plus it doesn't make too much noise! Healthy for her too! :D If you get you're hay in bales, it is very cheap and you'll have enough to give a hefty amount to cover up the bottom. If hay is too messy, I would put snuggly fitting grass mats on the bottom.

Latest posts

Back