That could have been bad. . .

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoralvr

Reaction score
Matt called me at about 11:45 before lunch to tell me that Acorn got out and he could not catch him but he had to leave for work. I got one of my friends from work to drive me home at lunch so I could get him back in his enclosure. Well I got home, opened the door and guess who is looking at me?. . . none other then Acorn himself. I don't know why I assumed he would not venture up the stairs. I guess because I have never blocked them off and Henri has never even thought about going down them before. Of course Henri was watching him. He wasn't really fighting to get out of his cage though so I don't know if that is a good sign. I caught Acorn, took him back downstairs, made sure he couldn't get out this time and by the time I got back upstairs, Henri had gotten out of his cage and was exploring. I blocked off the stairs and I had to go back to work so I put Henri in the cage. I know he can get out if he wants too though and the little devil can tear down almost any blockade. I am somewhat worried that he is now going to decide he might want to venture down the stairs.

I have a constant fear of my pets escaping somehow. I'm glad it all worked out! I'm thinking this may be the start of some marking wars for you, with boys going into each other's territories. Hope not! :)

Are they both neutered?

jordiwes wrote:
I have a constant fear of my pets escaping somehow. I'm glad it all worked out! I'm thinking this may be the start of some marking wars for you, with boys going into each other's territories. Hope not! :)

Are they both neutered?
No, neither of them are yet. I know that is part of the problem as far as the territory stuff goes. Henri was supposed to get that done this month but with my foot I had to put it off. I am hoping I will get both of them in in January.

I'm glad that you didn't have any serious problems with Acorn getting out. Is he in a cage, or is he just kept in a room? If he is kept in a cage, you could always try locking it, with a padlock or even trying a peice of string across the entrance so that it's harder for him to escape. Because wandering around the house unsupervised with electric plugs and chair legs to chew on, and an unneutered rabbit also isn't very safe. If he is in a room, or if he is in a general area of the house, you could try locking the door again, or putting up a baby gate.

Rachel.

So glad Acorn is okay...keep a watch on him just in case he ate something not-so-cool, and check the cords in your house to be sure they're all intact! :D

So glad he's okay, though...could've been DISASTROUS! Might want to go to a home improvement store and get some GOOD clasps to keep his cage closed. ;)

Back