Thank you, thank you...Tinkerbell is now out of her cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelscross

Reaction score
She's loving it!! She even did a binky when shefinally got out. I got two baby gates and put them on either side ofour hallway. Now she has a large place to run and not get injured fromthe cords and stuff.

The baby gates have plastic mesh so I'm sure she can nibble on it.Tomorrow I'm going to get something from the hardware store to put overit so she can't nibble...would chicken wire do it?

They are these wire grids that you can createcube shelving out of. They are coated and you can get them at Costco,walmart, or Target. Hope that helps!

Hey thanks Pet_bunny...I have the idea now. Doyou guys leave all of that stuff in the hallway all of the time foryour bunny or do you put it in there when she/he is in the hallway? I'masking because our hallway is the only way to/from the kitchen so I wascurious how you delt with that. I also need to make her a little houseor something to hide in.

She's still a little disoriented being confined to the hallway but it'sbetter and MUCH, MUCH safer for her. My girls can just get in thehallway to play with her, they'll like that better as well.

Do you put her water (I'm sorry I keep referring to your bun as a she,is it a boy or girl?) and food in the hallway with her or just in hercage?

I'm just full of questions...It's like being a new parent all overagain ha! Now the trick is...getting her back into her cage so I can goto sleep!!

Thanks again!

kelscross wrote:
Hey thanks Pet_bunny...I have the idea now.

We clean it out when we put Pebbles (she) back inher cage. She never complains when we do because it's quitelate at night (10:30pm) and there is treats in hercage. Also we can set up the area differently as wefeel like. If we want her to really run around andblinky, we keep the hall free of things. If we wanther to jump over things we put up the tubes.

In this picture, you can see the apple box in thecorner. That is where her food is. She is runningtowards her litter box which is at the other end of the hallway.

This picture shows the other side of the hallway. You can see the litter box in the left corner.

Here is her apple box with her food inside. This way the fooddoesn't get all over the place. I keep the water outside andout of the way so she doesn't spill it.

Rainbows! :D

Oh man, looking a Pebbles' hallway set up, I'mbeginning to feel that my buns are neglected! LOLI'm going to have to add to their out of cage collection.

Jen

Back