Thank you & Goodbye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grunter

Reaction score
I would just like to say thank you to everyone onthis board, I have not been a member very long. I wish nowthat I would of found this board many years ago, everyone has been sohelpful and kind. We had to put our rabbit Grunterto sleep this afternoon. I don't know if she would of made itthis far if it wouldn't of been for all the help I received on thisboard. Carolyn I thank you for the Rainbow Bridge poem, itreally comforted my kids to know that she is going to a betterplace. I feel like this is one big family, but now I have tosay goodbye, because my family is now rabbitless. I may from time totime check in on everyone just to say hi. Good Luck to everyone withall their bunnys. And again what a great forum thisis!!!!!!!!!!

I miss Grunter too. :'(

I'm so sorry we couldn't save her.

I'm so, So Sorry.

Love,
-Carolyn

I am so sorry for your loss.My heart breaksfor you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You gave her anincredible life. I am so sorry.I wish you and your family thebest life has to offer.

Tina

Grunter,

We'll all see you and Grunter Rabbit sometime when we pass over theBridge to pick up our own departed pets. 'Till then I wishyou and your family the best and you can be assured some of our bunswill be welcoming Grunter and showing her the ropes while sheis waiting.

Buck

Im sorry to hear about your rabbit...i have beenfollowingyour story. I know its too soon but i hope in timeyour grief will be less and you will be able to adopt another bun...yousound like such a wonderful person and sometimes we have to makedecisions that our outta our hands :(i think you made theright choice

I am so sorry for your loss. This is myfirst rabbit. I haven't owned a pet in many years because ofthe saddness of losing pets before. I have only had to putone pet down. It was a puppy named Buster Brown. Iknew it was for the best, but it was the hardest thing i ever had to do.

I will keep you in my prayers as well!

This was a very tough thing you had todo. Thru the years, I've only had to make that decisiononce. The rest of the time, thoughtless drivers made it forme. I now have an unattractive fence (snow fence) so my dogscan't get out. Chipper, my oldest, turned 15 last September15th, is not in good shape at all anymore. I carry him in andout of the house a lot. I know that this is something thatI'm going to have to do with him, and it really hurts. I knowone thing...when I get to the Rainbow Bridge, there's going to be oneheck of an uproar, cuz I've got a lot of kids waiting there for me.

Everyone grieves in their own way. You may find thatgetting another bunny will help. The "critter hair" aroundhere has soaked up gallons of my tears. Bless you.

Poor bunny! *hugs* It's ahorrible thing! I still cry about Binky and it was 6 weeksago... we got his ashes back a few weeks ago but we're going to keepthem until we find an appropriate place to scatter them.

I hope you're okay!

Such a terrible thing - I'm so sorry for yourloss. It is hard to put an animal to sleep. Everyone in myhoushold will be thinking about you as the loss of our buns is stillfresh in our minds. Now may not be the time but have you thought aboutanother bunny for your children. Sometimes it can ease the pain(although by no means do you forget). Although you may feel the pain toraw at the moment.

All the best for you and you family whatever you decide to do.

Love and prayers

Vickie

Thank you all for all your comments, you are allso kind and caring. I just love this forum. We buried her inthe yard and yesterday my kids made a plaque for her to use as amarker. As for now we will not be getting another rabbit. Myhusband is totally againest it. He is really not a pet loverand you wouldn't believe what we had to go through just to get thedog.He never really had animals when he was growingup, so it is hard for him to understand how important it is for yourkids to be responsible for another living thing. But he is gettingbetter as the years go on. I just can't imagine a home without apet.............how lonely would that be.

I just wanted to say how sorry I am for you.Your baby will be eagerly awaiting you on the Bridge. Until then shehas my Athena and so many otheres to play with in the mean time.

I want to thank you for staying with us. I feel we have so much we can learn from you.

Tina

Latest posts

Back