testicles descending

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailof2rabbits

Reaction score
sorry bout the topic, for those easily offended.couldn't resist. my vet keeps asking me and jeff, "are his testiclesdescending?" it's become a bit of a joke.

anyway. i've been dreading this so much, getting to the point wherewe'll have to decide whether or not to neuter Marbles. our recoveryrate is probably much worse than yours in the US/CA/UK/AU. i wouldn'ttrust the clinic to give me an accurate percentage, and they'resupposedly the best one here already.

marbles is spraying already. he pees outside his cage. intentionally.and the other day, i noticed my poor little mocha with pee on her face.we're not sure whether the pee was hers and marbles just splashed herwhen he ran around or he couldn't help himself (he was so excited abouthis run that day) or he really did spray her face (which is reallyrude, btw). my poor, poor princess. the day before that, he triedmounting her. :nerves1 my babies are not innocent anymore.

i'm so torn. anyone who's seen our blog knows how much these two are inlove with each other. they're snuggle bunnies. and they like playing"follow the leader" and all sorts of games that giant bipedals can'tmake as enjoyable. if i don't neuter him, i'll have to deal with thespraying and they'll never run together again. but he's my heart bunny.i'm scared.

:help

How old is Marbles? I would be more afraid of Mocha getting pregnant than anything.

It's best to get the boys neutered around six months of age.If you wait longer, the spraying might become a habit and continue,even after the neuter.

That's what happened with my rescue bunny, Shadow. He wasalmost a year old when I got him and had him neutered. Hestill sprays urine whenever he's around other bunnies, and it's beenfive months since his neuter.

I would get them both desexed if possible foryou :). My boys testicles always decend at 9 weeks and after that -it's spraying and pooing everywhere. My boy is almost 4 months old andI am so looking forward to getting his nuts removed!

Hmm, you can probably get away with notneutering Marbles if you don't find anyone there that can do it... buthe will probably not stop the spraying and sexual behavior - I don'tthink they always grow out of it. My Cookie is over 2, notneutered and still humps everything in sight when I am around him -thankfully he never sprayed pee. My Charlie is going in forneutering tomorrow and he is a pee sprayer - every day, all day long.

You should definately notlet your two play together anymorethough - it just takes a blink of an eye and you'll have many morebunnies on your hands. :(

Can you have them give you the name/number of others who have had their bunnies neutered there as references?

Our one boy was neutered at around 11 months ofage, and after 3 months or so the spraying tapered off. Hedid spray both of our girl bunns in the face. So if the girlhad pee on her it was most likely intentional on his part...he wasmarking her as his. It took months for the hormones to wearoff and for Bummer to stop spraying but it did end!

Neuters are more easily recovered from than spays. Both ofour boys have been neutered and I have to say honestly it was a vastimprovement. The spraying stopped and they are still thecuddle bunns they were before!:D The greatest improvement wasin their litter habits! After awhile cleaning pee up from allover the place gets to be repetative and irritating. Our oneboy loved to spray me and my hair!:( So I have to say thatour neutering experiences were a total postive!:D I don'tknow where you are so I don't know how often the surgery is done...butI would def recommend it personally!

We got Marbles mid December last year. Ispeculated he was 4 weeks old but it seems he might've been younger.His testicles descended only about a month and a half ago, max. I'vebeen keeping track, believe me. I've always been afraid he'd get Mochapregnant. Don't get me wrong, I love them bunnies and I want more but Idon't think I could handle an entire litter. It'd break my heart togive them away and I'll most likely end up with the whole lot of them.:?

Thanks for the advice. I'll ask for the contact information of lastfive patients for reference. Agh. It's so scary. I don't know what I'ddo if anything bad happened.

Latest posts

Back