Territorial peeing or bladder weakness?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabb1tmad

Reaction score
Hey guys.

A couple of weeks ago when Starsky & Lacey were out one of them pee'd in their cardboard box den. This came as a shock as neither has pee'd outside of their litterbox since they were fully litter trained at about 15 weeks old (they are now just over 3 years old). As Leo had been out in the lounge beforehand I put it down to territorial marking as they had also pooped loads around the lounge. They haven't done it again until last night. Leo escaped into the lounge last week and I have no idea where he went but I tried to clean everywhere. Last night Starsky or Lacey pee'd on the rug and left a right mess. The pee looked normal and I think it was Starsky's as his tends to have less of a smell.

Can this be a territorial thing?

I think that it's most likely to be territorial.

I think that if it was a bladder issue there'd be more signs, like mabey pain, or little drizzels of pee all over.

That's what I thought as they have only done it twice. It's a shame though - it's left a stain in my white rug! At least now I have an everlasting reminder of my little buns :)

Back