Terrible teens or more?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyButter

Reaction score
Okay, Butter is about 7 months now and I'm worried. She has started boxing me, growling at me and is showing food aggression. (Praying for patience as her chewing is getting worse too. :pray: ) She isn't as active as she used to be, as she has taken to hiding under my couch more and is definitely more aggressive. However, she'll hide under the couch, then eagerly come out to cranberries, but if I reach under there to stroke her, she'll box me, then let me rub her, then run away. She'll aslo be cranky, nip me, then plop down for a nice, relaxed stress.

WHAT THE HEY? This was all kind of sudden to me too. She adores my boyfriend, but he claims he "lays down the law" so she knows his place. I know it's probably time to get her spayed, but I just wanted to check if this is bunny teens or not. I'm hoping I'm not doing something horrible to her!

:(

It sounds like it is hormones, but I'm not sure what you mean by "her chewing is getting worse." Chewing on things or can't chew her food very well. My guess is the former, but if it's the latter it might be teeth problems.

Chewing has gotten worse, means chewing on my walls more. She got a lot better and was able to be stopped, but now she is ignoring us.

I'm okay with horomones. I can fix that problem easily. Thanks.

Yep, I'd agree. Most likely hormones. Charlie was just like that once she hit a certain age.

I have to agree, those hormones do start trouble. I don't have girls but I have two teenage boys and so glad they are neutered.

They grumble a lot when I pick them up. My littlest one has hissed and stomped. But the true aggression is gone once neutered and all they do is give me noises.

If you are not going to breed her, I think it's time. I think once that's done, she'll be sitting with both of you on the couch, not hiding under it.

Wishing you all the luck with your teenager.

K

With all the hormones, you are the competition. She doesnt' want any other girls around her man (your man). He's not behaving in a super-smart way, he just happens to be the favored gender.

Good luck with the spay :)

Not always. Bonny used to figure 8 all around, build nests out of newspaper, and attack Nancy if she came into the bunny room while I was in their. She'd let out a screech and attack at the ankles biting Nancy's pants. One of us thought it was funny. She'd been neutered for quite awhile, but, I was the only one who could handle her, and with me she was a cuddle bunny.

Thanks for the comfort guys!

I do have a small update: I have isolated the problem! :D (Aside from hormones.)

Okay, so she's an absolute sweetheart most of the time. However, she displays a LOT of food aggression when I pull out the bag of craisins. She has bitten me twice and Blaise once in her want of craisins. She'll charge and almost go into a frenzy about them. She will growl and grunt, while running between our legs (I think she is in love with the craisins). I think I'll be weaning her off those. I appreciate whoever recommended them to me, but I do certainly think that she likes them a little TOO much. Maybe I'll bring them back into her life when she is spayed.

Back