Ten things to know before getting a rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aina

Reaction score
Just something I wrote today. Feel free to add to them. I am sure there is a better one somewhere.
1. First, let’s make this clear. You do not own a rabbit. The rabbit owns you.
2. You will never be able to eat an entire banana again. Your rabbit has a compulsory banana tax and you must give her some.
3. Same goes for craisins, grapes, melons, raisins, carrots, and anything else that smells tasty
4. You will be forever finding hay in the strangest places
5. Schoolwork and other important papers must be tasted
6. Rabbits evolved so that no two rabbits will shed at the same time. Therefore, if you have more than one, their shedding seasons will be timed just right so that you will be breathing hair all year long
7. Rabbits are able to be litter trained. In fact, they are so smart that if they do not believe that the litter is placed correctly they will move it to where it should go; out of the box
8. Newspaper, toilet paper rolls, and cardboard boxes are more valuable than that $1000 laptop you bought and will be treated accordingly.

9. Rabbits have very clear personal property rights. Everything is theirs.
10. Rabbits do not drink as humans do, all throughout the day. Instead they strategically drink out of their noisiest water bottle in the morning to wake you up, and at night as you are trying to fall asleep.

Aina wrote:
10.   Rabbits do not drink as humans do, all throughout the day.  Instead they strategically drink out of their noisiest water bottle in the morning to wake you up, and at night as you are trying to fall asleep.

So true!!!!!
I even bought the really expensive "silent" one and my bunnies found a way to make it almost as noisey! I can't stand it.

haha these are funny! nice one.

number four is particularly appropriate for me today, because when I got up this morning there were two pieces of hay in my bed haha I have no idea how they got there.

killertheturtle wrote:
Aina wrote:
10. Rabbits do not drink as humans do, all throughout the day. Instead they strategically drink out of their noisiest water bottle in the morning to wake you up, and at night as you are trying to fall asleep.

So true!!!!!
I even bought the really expensive "silent" one and my bunnies found a way to make it almost as noisey! I can't stand it.
I know just what you mean! In fact, last night, Maisie woke me up several times, drinking out of her Water Buddy!! Those stinkers!! :headsmack

Luckily, my buns drink from dishes, so no noisy water bottles here... but Toot has been SHREDDING the protective cover on my laptop cable whenever I'm not there to stop her. Sure, it's been there for over a year, but she thinks NOW it's time to destroy it. Thanks, Toot. I'll remember this next time I'm eating a banana.

Also, the taking your food thing.. Toot will jump up on the bed, grab the corner of your paper plate and BOLT with it. If you're not quick enough, your food goes everywhere. It doesn't matter if it's even anything she likes. It's hers and she will take it.

Gotta love bunnies..

So true!

I've had to deal with #10 before...now when I have bunnies in the house at night, they get a water dish! ;) But, they find other ways to get noisey--like rattling the cage, or doing bunny 500's and hitting the pen...:p

Emily

My buns play a rousing game of leap frog at 3am. There is a practice session and then the 10 round tournament. And then of course the victory lap.

Of course this makes them thirsty and they pick out the noisey bottle to tap their water from.

Latest posts

Back