Temperature for rabbit environment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kep12091

Reaction score
I was wondering what temps (F) are too low and too high for my rabbit. I am about to relocate her into her own room and winter is coming. Wondering how high or how often do hest her room . I'm in pa and its been getting a lot chillier especially at night!

If they're going to be inside the house then it probably can't get too cold for them unless you never turn the heat on. :wink Ideal temp for rabbits is around 60 degrees or so...remember that they have a coat of fur that you don't. It's drafts that do more harm to them than the temps, but I'd say about 70 degrees would work okay...not too cold for you to hang out in and still okay for them.

Rabbits are really tolerant to cold weather. If anything, keep your rabbit's house off of the heating vents or she may be uncomfortably warm. They wear pretty good winter coats year round. When sheltered from the wind, they can easily withstand temps below freezing. When I used to let him go outside, my rabbit seemed pretty happy until it dipped into the 30s. I don't think that it will get even nearly cold enough in your room to bother the rabbit HAHA! We humans tend to get chilly at 60, twice your rabbit's lower limit :p

Nope, they really don't like to be particularly warm. Imagine what kind of weather you'd prefer if you could never take off a thick, full-body wintercoat haha :p

Latest posts

Back