Temperature Change Cause of GI Stasis?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
I brought Smores inside yesterday evening because he is due to be leaving at any moment... He will be staying indoors in his new home so I thought to bring him in, clip his nails, and bathe him (Maybelle sprayed him)so he's all nice and clean when he goes.

However, he has not pee'd or pooped since? :?I was wondering if the sudden change in temperaturecould bethe cause? He's been in the house before so it's not unknown territory. He's also never had any stress issues whatsoever, not even when he first came so I don't think it's stress-related.

Anyway, I will start him on Simeticone in an hour if nothing has changed. He has been drinking though as I heard him licking the bottle during the night.

So again, question is, is it related to the temperature change? Is there something more I could do for him? (other than treat for GI)

Yes, the sudden temp change could cause stasis, or more likely gas first. I would do the gas meds and probiotics.

Okies, I see. He's on Simethicone and pooping now. Drinking. We did find out that he HATES taking medicing though :p

Thanks for answering :rose:

You know, I had actually just been wondering the same thing. We had a cold snap here in Florida this past week, and my condo got a bit chilly. On Tuesday morning, I woke up and realized that Kahlua wasn't touching his veggies. Luckily some simethicone, tummy massage, and warmth got him eating again within a couple of hours. It certainly gave me a scare, and the only thing that was different was the cooler temperature.

Latest posts

Back