Temp change and eating related?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnymommy76

Reaction score
Southern Suburb of Chicago, Illinois, USA
I had read in another post that buns can stop eating because of sudden changes in weather. Is this correct? Just wondering, because Pidge isnt to big on eating today, but our weather has been aweful. We have had everything from rain to sleet and snow today with temps in the 30's, yesterday was beautiful with temps in the mid 50's. I'm just wondering if this could be Pidgey's problem or if it is something else. He is on Bicillin for an abcess, but he has been eating fine up to now, the doctor even said that his teeth looked good, none were being affected by the abcess. I am also wondering if it was that willow ball I gave him, within 3 days, he demolished it!! Maybe he ate too much of that?? I don't know, I'm just trying to find some comfort and answers. He is eating treats, (he had a papaya tablet, some apple, and parsley)but doesnt seem to want his lettuce today. I did see him do that stretchy stomach thing a couple times too, maybe he has gas?

I Don't know,The poor thing has been through so much lately, I feel so bad for him!

julie

He could just be having an off day I know mine do from time to time just to keep you on yoru toes :p

Saying that i would keep a close eye on him and give him a nice tummy rub just in case :)make sure he has lots of water and plenty of hay let us know how he is doing.

If you are worriedyou could add some paedilyte to his water to give extra hydration

Hmm, i'm wondering now if it really is the weather. I was so occupied trying to get Pidge to eat that I didn't realize until now, that Wrigley hasn't touched his dinner either! They are usually both finished by this time, this is very odd.

Pidge has actually started nibbiling at his greens a little now, now I have to do something to persuade Wrig to start eating!

These buns love to keep mommy on her toes!!! LOL

Back