Tellington TTouch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmh9023

Reaction score
I got a flyer in the mail from the Humane Society saying they are offering a class called "Tellington TTouch for Little Critters". The description says "Bring your rabbit or guinea pig with you and learn hands on how to use specific gentle touches to help release tension in stressful situations, help fearful animals become calmer and easier to handle." One of my girls could really benefit from something like this if it actually works.

Yup...For my little Ice Princess Vivienne! Who I love to pieces :)She sleeps in bed with us now. It's so cute. When did I get her from your shelter? I know it's been a good while and she STILLhasn't let me touch her :)

I read a little bit about Tellington TTouch when I was looking into how to give Sherry a massage for her bad legs. I just wanted to see if anyone had any actual experience with it. I can't really see how it is different than just giving a regular little massage.

I would guess that it probably isn't any different than you would touch her if she allowed it :p
I cannot believe that she sleeps with you..

that is progress.....
I would have to think awhile beforeI figured out when you got her I'll post it when I remember

has got to be over 2 yrs

TTouch is not quite massage it's more of a form of communication. I've taken some equine TTouch classes and it's help me connect with my horse and "read" him better if we do it before and after riding. It may show you how to approach your bun in a way she will accept. Who knows? Good luck. It's kind of a neat thing to learn eaither way.

Could you send me the info? I might be interested in going, just wouldn't bring a bun. They'd all hate me for it.:p

I've only read a little bit about it. If nothing else it can't hurt.

Just a thought- can Vivienne watch you pet one of the other buns? That's what got Sprite interested in letting me touch her. I was starting to make a little progress before she passed away, mostly just by her watching me pet Fey and turn her into a pile of mush.

I usually buy a lot of the Rabbit magazines and when I found that in one of the articles I tried that on Rusty (this was when I first got him). He was so relaxed that he fell asleep. I had actually also found a small not in between his shoulders and he let me rub it out. After that first massage he won't leave me alone! He gets one nearly every day for the past 3 years. He just loves them. He closes his eyes and grinds his teeth and then he'll stop and lick me and then he's like "ok continue". :p I liked doing it. When Rusty was relaxed he got to trust me more. Now I can nearly do anything to him and he doesn't mind ;) It's a good bonding session!

Thanks for the information everyone! I've signed up for the class and will be attending this Sunday. I'll be bringing my girl Vivienne, or as Maureen/Angieluv calls her, the Ice Princess. I'll post about how it goes.

I've forgotten who on this site had a video of they "trancing" their bunny and I tried it on mine and its worked so that I could trim his nails.. Some what similiar to what I saw in the video.. Good luck with the class and will look forward to reading how it went.

Latest posts

Back