Tell us what your rabbit(s) have chewed up/on.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
My rabbits live in their playpen/enclosure so the horror story is pretty tame.

My last rabbit Bagel chewed up the towel I used to cuddle her with.

The towel was a regular sized bath towel. When I finally threw the towel away it was at least 50% chewed up. The towel looked like a slice of swiss cheese.

When I put Bagel on my bed, she'd chew little holes in my bedsheets.

Mine is pretty good about only chewing on things I give him to chew. Except he has killed 3 (yes 3) different sets of head phones. My fault for wearing them around him! Its like if I'm not careful, two little nibbles and he's eaten right through! lol

Dilly has the run of our apartment, except for a bathroom and the kitchen.
Anyway, we were both gone at work and when I got home our sweet lil' Dilly was in one of our chairs ripping the back of the chair to shreds. We let her go on for a while and then another day I came home and she was doing the same to our other chair. Luckily, we were planning on getting new chairs before this happened so we decided to let Dilly have some fun before we threw them out.

This thread will be a lot of fun with PICTURES!!!!

To bad I threw away Bagel's towel many moons ago. :confused2:

I have a couple of pictures of things that Buster has destroyed. Just recently he chewed a 'bunny shaped' hole in my favorite blanket. It is funny that it's 'bunny shaped'... :D

Also he has DESTROYED his towel I keep in his pen. One morning I woke up and saw this. It looks like he was trying to dig to the other side of the world. I am just lucky he didn't eat the shreds. Since then I have gotten proper flooring. :D

He has also chewed my headphones. Last week I was getting ready to go to the gym and I stupidly placed my new iphone headphones on my bed. Two minutes later I saw a giant hole in it. Since I got Buster I bought electrical tape for things he likes to chew.
I got to the gym and realized that the sound wasn't working in one ear. He is so silly!!

I also have many a hole in my clothes. I like to think Buster 'put his design' on it. That's how I knew I was a crazy bunny lady, when I didn't mind that all my clothes had holes in them... :biggrin:
:bunnyheart

Ooooh lets see, Harvey has chewed thru my cell phone charger because I was silly enough to leave it in his spot. I wasn't too mad about that one since I needed a new phone anyway and I left it within reach of him.

He also has a thing for towels and digging in my clothes and my bed. I went to bed one night to find my blanket with horses on it full of little holes haha.

I line Cheeni's cage with old towels which she shreds and I wash and fold them in new ways till they are unusable. I then instead put an old blanket that belonged to my niece and that is slowly starting to look like swiss cheese as you say lol Will post pictures soon.

One of the bunniesdid some decorativeedging on my homework.

I've also had towels and blankets nibbled on until they were reduced to tatters.

Let's see....

My computer speakers.
My husband's cell phone charger.
The phone cable for our landline.
The Ethernet cable on my hausband's computer.
The coax cable going to the router which provides out Internet connection.
The power cable going to the box that provides our TV cable service.
The power cable to the router he chewed above.

That's about it. So nothing much. ;)

My current rabbit- Not a thing but his blankets and shirt.
My first rabbit Hannah- Phone cords, a big fan cord, HUGE holes in a comforter, ripped up some carpet(though she never ate it), chewed baseboards, her cage had half the paint chewed off near her door, the base of her cage, countless amounts of my clothes. Everything.

My bun ripped my homework up to shreds a few years ago, my teacher didn't believe me though, so I had to get my mum to ring the school! Then one of my books has the edges all ripped off! Alice just loves paper. :D

Mine havent chewed much, but my boyfriends ate a whole sheet paper that was his homework. Then he started hanging out behind the toilet and about a week later there was a hole right through the drywall in his apartment. He always jokes when he moves out of his apartment he should tell the landlord bugs ate through the wall, and he wouldn't be lying since the rabbits name is bugs.

hehe Dandy hasent done anything to horrible yet, though I have recently been poking her in the butt for trying to dig at the metal vents on the walls/base boards, and I caught her trying to chew on the door frame and door.. OH! There was my netbook power cord that I didnt notice slip down close to her playpen I had her in when I first got her, she got a few nibbles in before I caught it. Only managed to nip off the coating in a few spots, the wires are still in-tacked. I fixed that problem by putting the cord inside a tube to protect it. She has to go through the tube to reach it now lol

I think she is telling me she needs more chew toys, she has a chew tunnel made with compressed alfalfa and other things, some chew sticks, many cardboard play boxes with holes. Ill have to find more toys online I think.

My bun carly has my entire bedroom and although it is well bunnyproofed sometimes i forget to put things back in their place and then they get chewed through

several ethernet cords
a few laptop chargers
usb keyboard cable
alarm clock
a couple pairs of jeans have nip holes in them from not quite making it to the laundry basket

The combination of my three rabbits have chewed upon... headphone cords, MP3 cords, phone cords, the vacuum cord, carpet, bed sheets, fleece blankets, towels, pencils, erasers, jackets, shirts, my glasses, phones, rubber bands, bracelets, homework, their litterboxes, remote controls, and probably more that I cannot remember... xD

Latest posts

Back