Tell us the top 2 things U didn't know about rabbits...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me think wayyyyy back to my first bunny that I got when I was 10. I basically knew nothing about rabbits and he was essentially an impulse buy, courtesy of my brother. Thankfully, it worked out very well for Cinnabun and he lived out his life being loved and spoiled mercilessly by me and I'm now a huge bunny lover. Since I didn't know anything about rabbits before I got him, I'll just say:

1) I had no idea rabbits love to eat so much! All of our bunnies have been absolute piggies and will eat pretty much anything, including things they shouldn't.

2) I didn't know bunnies could be so cranky with one another and would attack bunnies they didn't know. Learned this one very quickly unfortunately as two weeks later my mom got me a second bunny to be friends with Cinnabun and it did not go well.

I never knew Astrex rabbits existed (check out google for pictures!) and I never knew bucks peed horizontally. Found the latter one out the hard way.

It was really strange hearing Harvey buzz for the first time
and not knowing what it meant.

That they have so much emotion and thump to show it.

This is an easy one for me

1. I never knew that I would fall in love with rabbits so easy. They are such special little creatures!

2. How much I would miss him once he was gone. I never thought I would cry over an animal that had only been with us for 4 months, he truely made a deep impact on myself and my daughter. RIP Fluffy xxx

I've had pet rabbits off and on throughout the years, but the top 2 I didn't know are:

1.) The dead bunny flop. Scared the crud out of me when Max first did it...I just knew she died. LOL

2.) The grunt and charge. I've NEVER had a rabbit do that, and I thought Rosa was going to rip my arm off. haha

1.) How much they poop! I knew they did and what size it was, just never had a good idea as to the quantity.

2.) How Destructive they are. I had always thought of bunnies as neat and clean. They are balls of cuteness, fluff and destruction!

I had rabbits as a kid, but SO much has changed since then. As an adult I got a rabbit thinking I knew how to take care of them and quickly learned how little I knew. The top two would be:

1. How important it is to spay/neuter buns (heck, I had no idea you could have it done)

2. How high the vet bills could get so quickly. My $15 bun has cost about $4,000 in the last 2 years because she has chronic health issues from past abuse.

Oh yes, how OBSESSED with poo I would become. Yes I have to confess I can tell who pooed what in the litterbox between the four rabbits. My husband doesn't quite get how I can tell it apart, but there really is a subtle difference. He also doesn't get how excited I am after the first poo following surgery or sickness. What can I say, poo has become very important in my life. LOL

I had no idea that a rabbit could "purr" or how important it was to have females (especially) spayed for health reasons.

Latest posts

Back