Tell the cottage grove riding club that rabbit cruelty will not be tolerated!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone gotten a responce? I havn't heard a peep back from my message. I just wonder what they have to say for themselves.

Kari, contact them and see if they will respond when you say you will be writing it up. That way you can say they wouldn't respond when asked for their side. If they didn't do anything wrong then they should be willing to talk about it. Bet they won't comment though.

Blue eyes wrote:
I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
If it had been puppies being thrown out of the trailer,kicked and tossed then no parent would have stood for it.
The very same analogy came to my mind last night. It fits very well. Imagine 8 week old puppies being lined up like that for the onslaught. :X

Or kittens.

At present rabbits do not have the same legal and socialprotections as do dogs and cats. Of course one reason for that is that the rabbit industry wants it that way. Pet rabbitsare a very small part of the rabbit bizniz in this country.

Blue eyes wrote:
I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
If it had been puppies being thrown out of the trailer,kicked and tossed then no parent would have stood for it.
The very same analogy came to my mind last night. It fits very well. Imagine 8 week old puppies being lined up like that for the onslaught. :X

Or kittens.

At present rabbits do not have the same legal and socialprotections as do dogs and cats. Of course one reason for that is that the rabbit industry wants it that way. Pet rabbitsare a very small part of the rabbit bizniz in this country.

When I seen this I was shocked! I went on facebook posted it, I also subscribed to bunny agencies and pasted it on there walls also and them if they would please sign the petition. I am still just as livid as the first time I watched the video. I know I am very very new to bunny parenting, I don't know if that is the proper term or not. But still, this is unacceptable! This bothers me to the point I can not even explain. No animal should should be treated like that period.

Also something I noticed, I tried going to The Sweet Binks Rabbit Rescue website on the Change.Org and my anti virus went off like mad, so be careful!! YouTube also set her video to were you have to log in to view it. And finally to the person who made the petition and the video THANK YOU!!
I think the more people who know about these cruel acts and are aware they happen the better. That is all. My soap box/rant is over now. Thank you for listening.

I've shared this on facebook, and will sign the petition. Struggling to write my email...and I suspect if I post it here I will get banned. Well, I'm struggling to be polite, although I know I should be.

I'm not really surprised that nobody from Cottage Grove is saying anything yet, but if this keeps getting more bad publicity they're going to have to have someone say SOMETHING. Or else they keep looking worse and worse (which is hard to imagine looking worse than they already do). It would be smarter of them to saying something now rather than keep waiting until it completely blows up...but we'll see.

I say we keep sharing to make sure it blows up on them. I was shocked when they said in the story that apparently last year they gave away roosters too? Then people found out they were illegal to keep in the city! *face palm*

They just need to stop and think about what the heck they are doing!

I guess it goes to the notion that rabbits are frequently viewed as livestock. I'm shocked at how many people are surprised by my stories. They comment in a surprised voice, "oh I guess rabbits do have feelings and personalities". Well no s%&! sherlock! :(

MiniLopHop wrote:
I guess it goes to the notion that rabbits are frequently viewed as livestock. I'm shocked at how many people are surprised by my stories. They comment in a surprised voice, "oh I guess rabbits do have feelings and personalities". Well no s%&! sherlock! :(

But the thing is, even as livestock, you should have no interest in damaging your goods before they're sold or used. Nobody wants an injured rabbit if it can be helped. I think in this instance, they know the rabbits aren't going to be their problem anymore after the event, so they couldn't care less what happened to them.

Breaks my heart to think of what happened to those rabbits when they come to the kid's home. I doubt most of them had no where to keep the poor things and their parents are just going to throw out the bunnies. :/

So let's stick them (the humans)in a cage of lions and say it is 'to teach them to run fast'... :X

Latest posts

Back