Teh Amazing Disappearing Willow Ball

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nangobi

Reaction score
I bought a willow ball for Bugsy this week - she's had it 2 days and has managed to break it into 2 perfect halves and now I can't find the one half!

I must be a bit naive because I knew she'd chew on it - but she can't have eaten it! I've searched the run, the hutch, in her bed, in her play box - what's she done with it? Perhaps she likes it so much she hid it in her bed.

She normally doesn't bother much with toys - despite my efforts she usually takes a look - gives me a withering 'you just let me down all the time' sort of look and ignores it but the willow ball went down a treat.

:) I bet she ate it. I had the same experience the first time I got Misty a willow ball. I got her one of the small ones. I put it in her room and the next morning I could not find it ANYWHERE. I also could not believe that she ate the wholeball in one night, but I did find little pieces of willow ball carcass the later that day.

Yep...consider it consumed...

Every time I give my girls any sort of untreated basket (or the likes), it mostly disappears by morning (especially the one I give my Flower, she's a little piggy). I'm always surprised, too, even though it happens every time.

I gave them each one while we had friends over, and they were AMAZED...jaws literally dropped...they couldn't believe in the time they were here at our house, they had finished more than half of them! Hehe...

And I love what you said below...the "you just let me down all the time" look. I've gotten that look MANY times from my Maisie. She's very particular about toys.

Flower? She SWOONS about EVERYTHING you give her. :D

Funny the differences between bunnies...

nangobi wrote:
She normally doesn't bother much with toys - despite my efforts she usually takes a look - gives me a withering 'you just let me down all the time' sort of look and ignores it but the willow ball went down a treat.

It&#39;s definitely gone - had another good look this morning - can&#39;t believe it! She loves a cardboard box of hay (or even an empty box for that matter) but only certain types of boxes!&nbsp<WBR>;We&#39;ve tried toilet rolls filled with hay, little balls with bells and a treat toy and this hanging thing you can attach veggies to with a little bell. Not fussed on any of those though - unless of courseshe purposely waits til I&#39;ve gone and then plays with them!

She&#39;s a picky little madam - I filled her bed with straw the other nightcos it was so cold - she went in while I wasdoing it and pulled most ofit back out and dumped it at my feet. "What are you doing woman? I&#39;ve got it just how I like it and you barge in and spoil it - sheesh!"

She&#39;s getting a little stroppy now too - time to be spayed - but I want to wait a few more weeks just to make sure she&#39;s old enough. Then in the spring she&#39;ll hopefully have a friend.

Hehe...she sounds so much like my Maisie...how cute! :)

Latest posts

Back