Teeth?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypusstar

Reaction score
Well, I went to the vet for Ceaser's one year check up a week or so ago. He did really good, he was a little under weight at 3 pounds but I've been putting some weight on him so hes up to about 4 pounds now which is about right for a lion head. But the vet told me that Ceaser's back teeth were crooked and were starting to get points on them, he told me it wasn't something I had to worry about right now, but he told me that I would want to come back in about a year to get them filed down. The thing that gets me is that he said that Ceaser's front teeth were straight. You would think those would be crooked too? Anyways, my real question is, is there any way I can help prevent the points to form in between vet visits?

OH! Ceaser got alot of compliments also =D apparently he was the best bunny the vet had ever worked with, and alot of people were impressed with how well he was groomed and how he gave everyone kisses. I felt like a proud bunny mama lol. XD

Malocclusion of the incisors is unrelated to the problem of spurs forming on the molars. There's really not much you can do about preventing the spurs. The position of the teeth and your rabbits particular chewing motion lend to the formation of spurs. Horses can also commonly develop this problem and need to have their teeth "floated" with a rasp.

Pam

Latest posts

Back