Teeny found his voice...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
I have to share this with you guys.

So, I'm sitting here at the computer, reading away here in RO, and Danny was standing right here behind me, because Hobbes was all into playing with Teeny through the cage walls, and Teeny was hopping all over, all excited that Hobbes was into the game.

Well, suddenly we start hearing somebun doing the vocal "oohoohoohoohoohOOHOOHOOHOOHOOH!!!" We look around, I assumed it was Velveteen (who gets jealous if we pay too much attention to somebun other than him, and will buzz a bit in trying to get my attention), but Danny want over, and it wasn't him.

We were puzzled...who's talking so much?! Somebunny sounded REALLY excited or REALLY unhappy...we weren't sure which one, or who...so we turned off the constantly-running air conditioner (to eliminate the white noise), and we hear it again, "oohoohoohoohOOHOOHOOHOOH!!"

So, I ask Danny to come over...and we realize that sometime during his excited jumping around figure eights, Teeny had found his voice and was ALLLLL excited about having friends, and was now, with Hobbes no longer there, ALLLL excited that he'd found a way to VOCALLY communicate!

It's been about fifteen minutes, and I keep hearing him making little vocal sounds with every move he's making. He seems REALLY happy that he can "talk" now, hehe!

He's laying down on the bottom floor, changes positions..."ooh!" Goes up to the top floor, "ooh!" Eats some food, finishes a bite, looks at me, "ooh!" Hehe!! I'm wondering if he's gonna stop!

He's such a goofball and a half!!

And thus the story of Teeny finding his voice...

:biggrin2:

So cute! With your description, I'm imagining him making gorilla noises! I've never heard a bunny talk before, do you suppose you could catch it on video for us?

Actually, yeah...I caught SweetPea making sounds, and it sounded quite a bit like this, but on a smaller scale, and it was done in the spirit of just being EXCITED!! :D

Awww! That sounds so cute! I've never heard a rabbit make any kind of noise before, except they sometimes make a kind of 'oomph' noise when picked up. I've often wondered what it would sound like!

I wish mine would talk to me!

It's really funny...I don't know why I wound up with so many vocal buns!

Flower, SweetPea, Velveteen, and now Teeny talk on a regular basis (and I believe Harley does, too)...with Maisie and Fiver making vocal sounds now and then, too! That's everyone but Cuddles and Trixie! LOL!!

I guess my buns all have somethin' to say!! Haha...

Tony will "call" me from the next room if he is out playing and he is lonely. If it gets too quiet or anything he'll do the oohooooohohhoh thing LOL!

I love it! Before I had Bo I didn't know rabbits made any sounds.... now I've got different voices to the point that I know WHO is talking to me!

Hehe thas funny! None of my bunnies are vocal. I just hear the occasional clicking sound when they are looking for a treat!

Awwww Rosie! How SPECIAL! I'm glad you and Danny were there to hear itthe first time he did it! He's a very specail boy... what a LOVE! :bunnydance:

Isn't he just GREAT, guys? I just love this little boy to bits...well, not little for long. He's already the second biggest bun in the house, and I venture to guess that in another couple/few weeks, he'll be bigger than Trixie! :D

What special buns we have...I'm so blessed...

:inlove:

Aww Teenyis so adorable :D

Cheryl

It's wonderful! and something else - I've noticed this with Tony and wonder if Teeny will be like this or do this:

Tony *attacks* the blankies to play - well now he's like LEAPING over things to have an element of surprise (the blankie never suspects!!!) in his attack! It's like a freakin' Cat or something! I never expected a bunny to play "pounce!" and act so "mean" in his games.

It doesn't surprise me tho, after he attacks...... suddenly an uncontrollable binky strikes him. :p

maherwoman wrote:
Isn't he just GREAT, guys? I just love this little boy to bits...well, not little for long. He's already the second biggest bun in the house, and I venture to guess that in another couple/few weeks, he'll be bigger than Trixie! :D

Bo B Bunny wrote:
It's wonderful! and something else - I've noticed this with Tony and wonder if Teeny will be like this or do this:

Tony *attacks* the blankies to play - well now he's like LEAPING over things to have an element of surprise (the blankie never suspects!!!) in his attack! It's like a freakin' Cat or something! I never expected a bunny to play "pounce!" and act so "mean" in his games.

It doesn't surprise me tho, after he attacks...... suddenly an uncontrollable binky strikes him. :p

maherwoman wrote:

Hmm...well, that's worth checking out...I do wonder what he'd be like with a blankie...

:ponder:

aWWWwwwwWWww that noise is super cute! Oohh hope Jess and Dexter make those kind of noises to one anothr when they get to know each other so cute.

And Sweatpea is gorgeous :inlove:

Official bulletin: Trixie grunted at me tonight. I picked her up (was giving Em a quick lesson in how to sex a bun), and decided to also trim her nails while I had her there in my lap...and before I got her flipped (gently) to trance her (which worked nicely :D), she honked at me a little like, "What the heck ya doin' with me in yer LAP, Lady?? I demand to be PUT back in my CAGE....NOW!!" Hehe...

So, it's official...the ONLY bun I have now that I haven't heard a peep out of is Cuddles. And, given that everybun else has now talked to me, I'm guessing it's only a matter of time! LOL!!

Ok...I caught some of Teeny's voice on film...you can hear it very lightly in the beginning of this video...the first half of it...

I'm going to try to catch more later on...:D

Boo makes a squeak when she is snoring. Saffy snuffles when she is cleaning herself like she is giving herself a running commentry and Dennis sounds like an ewok when you go to put him to bed and he doesnt want to go!!

Tiny mainly talks to me when he's angry at me.....or when he feels lousy.

You're so lucky Teeny likes to talk when he's excited or whatever...

Peg

Aww...C'mon Tiny, talk to Mama!

Oh, and a bit of an update: He's definitely "excited", as in...hormonal. I don't think he quite gets that Hobbes is a male kitty...because he'll talk to Hobbes all excitedly (or Sunny, whoever walks by, really) and it's starting to sound a bit...um...desperate! LOL!!

So, yeah, I think it's official that Teeny's becoming a big boy!

And this isn't even saying what he'll do to get FLOWER's attention, haha!! Talk about bang bang bang!! Teeny will run up and down, and figure eights, talking all the while...while she sits there and pouts at the cage bars...hehe! Good thing there's a good couple inches between their cages, eh?

Latest posts

Back