Tear duct removed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidpop

Reaction score
I'm wondering, I know someone with a rabbit that had a problem where its tear duct was outside of its eye. Something like Cherry eye. The vet first tried to stitch it back in place which did not work at all. Now in a second surgery the tear duct has been removed completely. The owner now has to put drops in everyday. But how well will a rabbit do if its eye doesn't have a tear duct.

Hi
This may not be quite the same thing but my last little girl Ada was prone to eye infections (most likely from all her digging) and so would have to have the eye flushed. On one occasion we ended up with a vet who I now refuse to use as she ruptured Ada's tear duct. (After hailing her off for ages as apparently she wanted to show others a Rex bunny and given how upset Ada was in the vets, seemed very cruel). This meant that the scaring effectively closed the tearduct. It didn't effect Ada too much, it just meant we had to clean her eye a little more frequently.

Latest posts

Back