Teaching Rabbits tricks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielle_92

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently me and my rabbit Oscar (aka Oscar the girl) have been bonding a lot more and I've been trying to teach her "tricks" this is a video of one of the tricks I've been trying to teach her - 2 days after we started this video was taken. Shes coming in binkies and bounds ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAmRCHtAoVA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUQdY744g0cKoQvVHQzZ4NvA[/ame]

Let me know if you have any tips or advice

x

Let me know if you have any tips or advice

You've got the idea - Natasha learned "up" and "circle" in the same way as your bunny is learning. She would stand on her hind legs or circle in excitement when she saw me go to the box of treats, so I started saying "up" or "circle", then gave her the treat. Now she'll do either trick when I say the words. She'll also "go in" - run into her cage - on command, since she got used to getting her morning baby carrot there. That's how I get her into her cage when it's time for me to leave. I just say "carrot, go in" and she runs right up onto her balcony and sticks her head out of the top of the cage for the reward.

natasha_2722-6970.jpg

Rabbits are food-driven, and very smart. Just catch the rabbit doing something you want her to repeat, give the command and a reward, and she'll very quickly learn to do the behavior on command.

Last edited:
Bandit is also a quick learner, I found that when he first learned "spin" that he was quite slow to turn around, but he does it a lot quicker now. Whether it's because he's more sure of what he's doing, or whether he wasn't his piece of green sooner I'm not sure, lol.

Latest posts

Back