Tax Time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRabbits

Reaction score
Well I sit here waiting for 10:00 Am so that my Husband and I can get our taxes done. My husband, being self employed, makes tax time uncertain. They have changed so many laws and it's not to the benefit of an Independent person.

But, it what it is. Got all my paperwork together including our bunnies venture. Should be interesting to hear what will occur.

I don't care if I get any money back, just as long as I don't have to send anymore. That's the kicker.

Wish me luck.

K:)

LakeCondo wrote:
That's what I'm supposed to be doing today.
Good luck LC. Thankfully we have a really good Tax Lady who's given us a lot of options to consider before filing. That's why we started so soon.

I don't know how others are doing it. It's only me and my Husband and we are still struggling.

I had to laugh when we were asked if we have a retirement fund. Something to fall back on. I said living the the highest taxed State with it costing everyone close to $18,000 a year per KINDERGARDEN student, who by high school ($21,000 a year per student) has to take 2 years remedial in college, (laws in the works for us to payf ro that too tru taxes) it's kind of hard to save anything when you are honest.

We don't really care about a retirement or saving anything for the future. No one to give it too. Maybe the bunnies? lol. But seriously, I just don't know anymore.

Taking one day at a time. At least the money I get to keep I know is being spent well. My husband and I are not big extravagent people. We live within our means. Shames others don't. And we get to pay for that as well.

Wishing you luck on your tax return. Hoping you don't get the shaft like New Jersey does.

K:expressionless

Nancy McClelland wrote:
Gonna do that this Monday--:cry1:

Wishing you luck Monday. I know both of us here are glad that paperwork is done and over with this year. Hoping you are not REALLY crying after the paperwork is done.

K

We did ours last week and WOW! We normally get a few thousand back... But last year my husband was out of work for most of the year and on unemployment and so we weren't expecting to get much back... Well... For the first time ever! We OWE the state! I'm still shocked at how in the world we could owe the state when Andrew didn't work hardly at all and my work is off the books... Turns out since he was getting UE through Maryland and wasn't taxed because why would MD tax themselves? Lol WV wants to tax US for that "income"... Unbelievable! Now that Andrew has a good job, hopefully next year we won't have to pay anything... I'm like you K, don't need to get anything... But don't wanna pay! Ugh... Good luck!

We did ours last week and WOW! We normally get a few thousand back... But last year my husband was out of work for most of the year and on unemployment and so we weren't expecting to get much back... Well... For the first time ever! We OWE the state! I'm still shocked at how in the world we could owe the state when Andrew didn't work hardly at all and my work is off the books... Turns out since he was getting UE through Maryland and wasn't taxed because why would MD tax themselves? Lol WV wants to tax US for that "income"... Unbelievable! Now that Andrew has a good job, hopefully next year we won't have to pay anything... I'm like you K, don't need to get anything... But don't wanna pay! Ugh... Good luck!

Back