Tattoos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augustus&HazelGrace

Reaction score
Is a tattoo in the wrong ear or in both ears a disqualification or a fault?

The correct ear for a ID tattoo is the left ear. The right ear is reserved for the ARBA registration symbol or registration number, which can only be tattooed by an ARBA registrar. However, judges don't usually check the right ear from what I've seen, and they're not supposed to identify the rabbit until they're done placing and examining them - that's when they check the left ear for the ID. I personally probably wouldn't disqualify a rabbit for a tattoo in the right ear.
The ARBA standard says a disqualification is when there is "illegible tattoo, or tattoo not in the left ear."
If you get a rabbit with a tattoo in the right ear and not the left, and you intend to show it, you need to give it a tattoo in the left ear as well.

I bought two rabbits and one was tattooed in the right ear and the other was tattooed in both ears. The one with it in the right ear I
do not plan to show because he messed up his teeth, the doe however I thought would do well on the table and she poses so well for me I was just worried about the tattoo in both ears disqualifying her. All I have to do is touch her nose and she will pose and stay there until I tell her she can move.

Latest posts

Back