tattoo question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smay

Reaction score
I won a bunny through a silent auction and he came with a pedigree but there is no ear number listed for him and he is not tattooed.

I would like to show him so he does need a tattoo, should I give him an ear number with my rabbitry numbering?

I would contact the peopleif i could but it is a hand written pedigree and there is not a lot of information on there and no way to contact them, it doesn't look like its a rabbitry, I'm thinking it was just someone that had a litter??????

I just want to do the right thing.

The pedigree should have had the Rabbitry name on it. With the owners's name,adress, phone, e-mail and their signature. How many generations is the pedigree? If your bunny looks like a purebred you can show him/her if you would like, but tattoo him/her regardless. I tattoo my rabbits for organization and in case something happens. Can we see some pictures? :D

The pedigree is one of the blank ARBA ones that you can buy and its filled out completely but they just didn't fill out any info. to contact them.

I don't mind giving him my tatoo number I just don't want to upset anyone or take credit for a rabbit that i did not breed.

I will have to get some pictures and post them. He is a handsome guy!!

Good point. I don't know what you would do about the prefix... If the previous owner didn't take the time to fill out 3 lines of info you can't do anything about it.

Well since you really dont need a pedigree to show a bunny and he isnt registered through the ARBA (im assuming) I would make up a tattoo for him. He was sold to you and is now yours if the person didnt want legal advertising rights then oh well nothing to do about it now. Congrats

If a breeder cares enough about the rabbit, they will put their own tattoo in it. If not, the tats up for grabs. If I get one from another place without a tat, and there is no info as to what it should have been, I'll tat its name in there.

Back