Tatoo Time!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairyTailFuzzies

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what digits to use fortatoos for my kits. I know some use letters from the parents,letters for the rabbitry, odd numbers for boys, even for girls....I"mjust looking for ideas on what has worked for you and why you choosethe system you use over another.

:bunnydance:

Thanks

Alicia

I tattoo my rabbitry's initials (SR) then Iassign a number in numerical order. The Woolies however,having smaller ears, get only "S" then a number. Easy to keeptrack of.

Here is the system I use so far....

The first letter in the sire's tattoo

Followed with A-L

A being January to L for December

Then even numbers a bucks and odd numbers are does (1,2,3,4,5 etc)

So if RO was the sire to alitter born in June that had 2bucks and 2 does the ear tattoos would be RF1(doe), RF2(buck),RF3(doe), and RF4(buck)

Since I have breeds that hardly raise more then 4 or 5 kits this works well for me so far.

:angel:
Amanda

I would expect that it wouldn't hurt thatmuch. Probably similar to putting tags in a cow'sear. In any case, it's necessary to id your animals if youbreed or show them. Hmm, 10 dwarf hotots. Which oneis yours? And can you prove it?

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
Here is the system I use so far....

The first letter in the sire's tattoo

Followed with A-L

A being January to L for December

Then even numbers a bucks and odd numbers are does (1,2,3,4,5 etc)

So if RO was the sire to alitter born in June that had 2bucks and 2 does the ear tattoos would be RF1(doe), RF2(buck),RF3(doe), and RF4(buck)

Since I have breeds that hardly raise more then 4 or 5 kits this works well for me so far.

:angel:
Amanda

WOW - I love that system Amanda. I think I'm going to use itfor myself - but I may base it on the doe and not the sire.....I'm notsure.

I really like it a lot though and I've been trying to come up with a system I would like.

Thanks for sharing it!

Peg

Latest posts

Back