Taking pics of bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nangobi

Reaction score
Wanted to take a picture of my bunny the othernight but I've read somewhere on the forum about a shelter thatwouldn't allow a photo to be taken of a rabbit with a cameraflash. Why was that? Did they thinkthe flash woulddamage the rabbits eyes or were they just afraidit wouldfrighten the bun?

Thanks!

As far as I know a flash shouldn't do any harm to a bunny's eyes, it hasn't done any of my three any harm anyway!:)

Michaela:brownbunny

yeah I think its so you dont scare the animals.

Flashes are fine :)I suppose 24/7 exposure to a flash might do damage, but a few pictures a day wont hurt.

Everyone on this site has such great pictures oftheir buns! What's the trick to not getting redeyes? I have a red eye reducer on my camera, but I stillalways seem to get them.

I fix the red eyes with photo editing softwareon my computer. I don't use the red eye reduction stuff onthe camera because it makes the camera slower and I miss the actionshots.

I also edit the red eye out. Ive noticed some bunnies are also more prone to red eyes in pics.

For some reason, my Max always has red eyes in pics. Maybe its a darker color iris or something...

I use the flashall the time. But never set itto full charge.

Maybe it depends on the rabbit.

27778.jpg

27777.jpg

Rainbows! :)

Because my rabbits live outside it's always niceand light when I take pictures so I don't have to use the flash,however if I ever bring them in the house and want to take pictures Ieither have to notuse the flash and have quite a dark bluryphoto, or use the flash and it looks really strange plus I get red eye.I don't know how you all do it!:dunno:

Thanks so much for the replies - my pics don'tcome out well in the house without a flash but Bugsy doesn't seembothered by the flash. Did seem unlikely that the flash wouldcause any actual damage but better not to have any doubts.

Pet_Bunny - your bun is SO CUTE! I would kiss that nose every day!!

Bunny_rule63 - Durham must be having better weather than South Wales -it's has rained almost constantly here for weeks or isovercast so have to use a flash even outside!That red eyething's a pain, isn't it?

Really? It's been a really mild autumn here, andit hasn't rained too much, for England!:rollseyesUsually myphotos come out fine even if it's cloudy, but they turn out the bestwhen it's nice and sunny!;)

Ruby.jpg

Bunnys_rule 63 - My Mum says 'the sun always shines on the righteous' - there must be too many sinners in Wales right now!

Been trying take pics of our bunny all evening but she won't keep stilllong enough! Keep getting these streaks of white fur.

For my camera, I find taking pictures in naturallight gives me a much better result. It's a very basic point and shootdigital camera and it's about 4 years old now.

Example:
Indoor pic, which is ok but I wouldn't use it for anything
DSC06597.jpg

Outdoor rabbit pics: these have been greatly reduced in size and quality but it still, to me, look better than the indoor pic.

DSC06612.jpg

Lucky.jpg

DSC06633.jpg

I agree!

Im always amazed at how great my bunnies look when I get them outside for pictures. The natural light makes such a difference!

Indoors:

Pics007.jpg

Outdoors:

Bunnies125.jpg

For those of you that have digital cameras, youmight consider changing the white balance to suit the lighting for youindoor pictures. Most cameras have auto, flourescent, tungsten (regularlight bulbs), and a couple of other settings. The different types oflight bulbs do different things to the composition, depending on theexposure of the photo and the amount of flash used. Some cameras alsoallow you to change the intensity of the flash. That can make adifference, too.

Heather

i've never had a problem with Daisy and red eye, I only use the software to crop, reduce pixels or improve the contrast.

Latest posts

Back