Take a look please?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid

Reaction score
Yesterday I didn't give Simon his normal feeding of Sping Mix or Pumpkin.
I did give his some pedilyte last night and he really seems to dig it. Drank most of his crock down. He seemed a little more laid back than normal, but I also let him explore more of the house. Thought maybe he was just being cautious.

About an hour ago I go into his cage to check things out and let him out for awhile.
The following pictures are what I found in his litter pan.
I cleaned it all out and I will be watching to see if this continues.
He is still drinking, not sure about his pellets, but I put of fresh hay (he has been only eating the alfalfa) and he went and started munching on that right when I set it down. I have seen him running around, binky a bit and is currently playing around under the kitchen table.
He was crawling all over me when I was changing his pan. Nipping at my shirt and hopping back and forth from one leg (mine) to the other.

So...all the exp bun peoples on here...if you could please take a look and tell me what you think I would be greatful. Thank you!

poops002.jpg

poops001.jpg

poops003.jpg

poops004.jpg

Just from my own experience, I wouldnt worry. It might be from the extra hydration and part of his body getting back to normal.

Just keep an eye for now. If hes acting normally and eating and drinking he could be just getting back to normal. Sometimes the GI tract takes a while to normalize after gas or stasis or a diet change.

Thanks Haley...I just did not know what to make of that,.... if it was a "get to the vet NOW" kind of thing.

Actually, when I compare it to the others in the litter box it looks more healthy because his poops are getting bigger it seems.

Hes been fighting GI issues for a while, right? Just make sure hes getting lots of hay and hydration, which Im sure youre doing.

I'll second what Haley said. I know that while Devon was recovering from his bout with stasis, his poops were abnormal for two to three days. They didn't look exactly like Simon's, but they were larger and more moist then his usual poops.

I'd just make sure that he continues to improve. I'm sure he's in good hands:).

Matt

Hey guys!

Thanks all for comments...the weird poo did fade away back into normal poo.
Today it is back to tiny ones all sort of strung together. I can't win lol.
Simon has seemed off today. Seems like...grumpy. Biting at everything and not in a chewy way, more like a constant ticked off way.
I went and picked up some more pedilyte but they didn't have any unflavored if you can believe that. So I grabbed pineapple. Thought he would like that but he hasn't really had anything to do with it. Also picked up some bottled water and put that out too.

Are bunnies like kids in how they maybe won't eat much for a bit and than have a day where they pig out? For like two days it seemed like he pigged out and has slowed down again. I wet down his hay as well and it seemed to work great..he was all over the damp hay. Stalks n all!

He did have the coccidia and since the first day of smushy poops we have not seemed able to get into a normal rythm of poop. Either one way or another but never just...normal. I am hoping soon that every thing will even itself out.

Here's an interesting question (and my apologies for somewhat hijacking the thread):

My bunnies every now and then have those poos without having had any GI issues. What would it mean then?

And okiron...LOL...it's funny, 6.5lb Flower has the same sized poops as Teeny! (And sometimes Maisie even has comparable poops..lol!)

Bunnies shouldnt really have days where they are eating and then not eating. Im not sure why he would be like that unless he's not well.

What is he eating on a daily basis? Is he still on any medications?

Sometimes it seems like we can try to overcorrect a GI/poop problem by reacting to every little difference. It could be that his system is having trouble normalizing or something..

Haley wrote:
Bunnies shouldnt really have days where they are eating and then not eating. Im not sure why he would be like that unless he's not well.

What is he eating on a daily basis? Is he still on any medications?

Sometimes it seems like we can try to overcorrect a GI/poop problem by reacting to every little difference. It could be that his system is having trouble normalizing or something..
He is always eating...just those two days seemed like he was really pigging out.
I fill his bowl as it needs to be witha 1/3 cup. I was giving him Rabbit Chow, but we switched over to the Oxbow. The one with numbers...has the alfalfa in it.
Those two days I was maybe filling it 3 times? Maybe 2? Just seemed like a lot for him. Now we are back to the 1/3 cup is getting us through 1 day.
He has his hays...which I have been keeping damp, but also some dry just incase. Mostly Alfalfa, but he has like 4 others too. Doesn't really bother with them though.
He chews on the his litter pan, cage, and pretty much anything else he can wrap his teeth around.
I have been giving him the benebac again for a few days as the vet mentioned I could.
Fresh water and the pediltye....
And today I gave him some spring mix but not as much as I had been. Just a bit in the morning.
And I think that is everything.

He has been very cranky the last few days and acting very "spooked" at things he never cared about before. I wash dishes around him left and right and tonight he was freaking out and running back into his cage of the clinking noises they were making. He has been biting more and harder. Much more skittish that he ever was. He has been jumping his pen every other second since yesterday...running around in circles...chewing on his cage the last two days.. and earlier..I don't know how this will sound..but I swear he sounded like a pig...like he was making pig noises. Grunt n squeaky sort of. Was weird and scared the crap out of me, but when he settled down it went away.
he was thumping at me last night too. I had never heard him thump before but he got the crap scared out of him. I have to keep some pans in my oven because of space and last night I was baking and had a few cookie sheets n what not sitting in the hallway. My friend tripped all over them and they made quite a noise.
Simon freaked out, ran for his life and hid under the kitchen table.
I went and talked to him, sat there and didn't try to make any moves to touch him or anything as he was SO scared. But he just kept thumping and thumping and than went and booked into his cage in to the back dark corner of it and stayed there for a good while.
It seems like he is changing more and more with his tude....scares me some. I keep hoping it is just from him needing to get neutered and his very sweet disposition will return after I am able to get that done....

Latest posts

Back