Tail wagging

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bri

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a bun who wags their tail? My mini rex is a big time tail wager. I'm trying to figure out what she's telling me. I've narrowed it down to either excitement or annoyance....

I would agree with the excitement or annoyance. When I tell my bun NO she hops off, foot flicking me and wagging her tail. Or when she's really excited, she wags it all around, quick flicks. Its funny to watch.

My little dutch bun is a tail wagger. It is usually a very fast little tail shake in her case. She is the first rabbit I have ever known who did this, and it is so cute. She does it quite a lot, but so far I have not really found any reasoning for it. She never really seems annoyed to me, so I just think of her as a jolly little bun, kind of like a golden retriever who express happiness through tail wagging. I would be interested to hear what others think.

When my bunny does it, it's usually out of pure sass. If it's time to put him back in his pin, but he doesn't want to go, he would wag his tail as a sort of backtalk, though I'm sure he doesn't think I catch this. It's pretty cute! He even does it when I tell him to stop chewing on something and he doesn't want to. For him it's like his little way of being rebellious. :hbunnysmell:

When it's veggie time Sophie wags her tail up and down once. I poked at her tail once and she wagged it then too lol.

Back