Tabetha is going to the vet on Wednesday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no! I hope she's okay.Maybe ask about treating her for E. cuniculi as well? Maybeshe has problems from both an ear infection and EC.

:pray:

I know how scarey this is. It is not easy atall. Ask them to test for whatever it is exactly that is the best wayto treat it. Some meds won't work on certain things.

I hope everything goes ok. It does sound likesome kind of ear infection or e-cuniculi - I agree with JadeIcing& naturestee, testing is a good idea and it wouldn't hurt totreat for e-cuniculi too.

well she hasnt gotten better:? she falls and itis getting harder for her to get up. i think i am going to get x rayson her right leg because she doesnt put much force on it now.

Oh man, I am here if you need any help.

her balance is a little better. she fell asleepin her play area last night for about three hours so she has had a lotof rest. shes due back to the vet wednesday again.

her balance is worse and she is on ivermectininjections every two weeks ans she got a shot of steroids today. if theshots work and she is better tomorrow she will get steroid pills in afew days every day.

showing slight improvement. tabetha is currentlyon ivermectin and a steroid cortisone shot and dexamethasoneanother steroid.

Brandy456 wrote:
Are you starting to see a diffrence??. even though its onylthursday. Is it a pill or liquid you have to give her becasue my momhad a dog and he had to take pills so i kow good ways to hideing them.and also if its liquid
how do you hide a 1/4 tablet piece?

ani-lover wrote:
Brandy456 wrote:
Are youstarting to see a diffrence??. even though its onyl thursday. Is it apill or liquid you have to give her becasue my mom had a dog and he hadto take pills so i kow good ways to hideing them. and also if itsliquid
how do you hide a 1/4 tablet piece?

I crushed it and mixed it in with grated carrots. :bunnydance:

i haven't posted in a while but i got new news and very happy. i went to a different vet and he said tabby has vestibular disease. yay! i know what it is! umm.. so the other vet was right it had something to do with the head area but she did not know exactly what. according to the new vet it is very common and so tabby is on baytril tablets, and some kind of ear drops. he also has to eat cultured yogurt to keep or grow good bacteria in his system along with lots of greens. the vet isnt sure if he is going to get completely better because tabby has had it for awhile but tabby is still quite young so maybe he will get better.

weight 3.5 lbs.

temp. 102.5

i was just looking at my title 'tabby is going to the vet on wednesday' and it is ironic because lately whenever i go to the vet it is a wednesday.

strange huh?!

Latest posts

Back