Swollen testicle

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amlawson1

Reaction score
Im not sure I can't properly explain this as we aren't super familiar with raising rabbits. We have two males. They have a large enclosed area to roam. We havent been out to play with them much the last week due to the weather but over the weekend were able to and noticed one had what looks like a large piece of matted poop/dirt dried to his testicle. We used peroxide and tried to get it off but it wasn't coming off. So everyday we've been going out and cleaning it. Yesterday we finally were able to break it open. We found it wasn't poop but matted dirt around what looks to be an inflamed testicle. He doesn't jump when we mess with it and it does bleed occasionally when we aren't messing with it. (We've found small puddles of blood which I'm think is due to him messing with it) Any suggestions or had experiences like this before? Were going to the vet tomorrow but with COVID we have no income coming in and trying to save what we can. IMG_20200414_143646.jpg

Are the boys housed together? Are they neutered and bonded? Male rabbits, even if they are neutered, will most likely fight. Maybe the other guy is nipping him there and that is why this happened? I would get him to a vet. He probably needs Metacam for the pain and an antibiotic for an infection.

Latest posts

Back