Swollen mouth and gums?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good -- perfect teeth :) Get her any kind of dish with smooth edges that she can't tip (like a nice crock).

My husband is an electrician, so I use metal electrical boxes (I think they are called junction boxes)as dishes.

Pam

Yeah, it looks like that darn water dish is theculprit, unless there's sharp metal pieces in her cage. That little cuton the bottom looks like it.

Plastic can be really sharp....:(

Rose

yes i agree rabbit girl..hmpph..i have to findmyself a new bowl for emmy. gotta go and buy one :Ddont seemto have any bowls that has a smooth edge..well i do..kitchenbowls//cereal bowls..but certainly i no if i ask my mom..shes going tosay "NO!"..but i fount some bowls at petsmart that are smooth..hopethere still in stock

Trina wrote:
Ok, what dish do you think that i should buy?

Hi Trina,

Tucker doesn't even like using a dish. He tips it over allthe time, so I put the food down on his bed and he gobbles it up off ofthat. I'd go with no dish at all until you can find somethingbetter. There are different types in a pet supplystore. Some clip onto the side of the cage, others screw intothe side of it. Fauna has a plastic bowl that looks as if itcould've been sold as a bird's dish.

-Carolyn

pamnock wrote:
MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
Megansteeth look nothing like that :?

What do Megans teeth look like?

Pam

Her bottom teeth are okay, but, she doesn't really have long top teeth.They look pretty small. I'll try to take a picture someday but she'dprobably bite me 100 times in the process lol.

Trina wrote:
Ok, what dish do you think that i should buy?
Trina, I use a plastic cat food bowl that I got from Walmart. It has arounded top that keeps them from chewing on it. My boys were pretty badfor tipping their bowls before and rarely do they ever tip themanymore. Only when they get a hold of the handles. This may help toprevent the chewing, here's a picture of it.

THankx mybunny! I sawthe same kind of bowl at petsmart when i was buyingEmmy'sfood =D I was thinking about buying Emmy the same kind of bowl maybeduring this week when my parents aren`t tired from a dayswork! Thanx everyone!
--p.s. i took
2bunmom'sadvice of looking for a vet in the yellow pages..! MAtter of Fact I didfind one next to the place ((petsmart)) where i buy Emmy's food andstuff =] My mom is thinking if we should take her or not:?

hey everyone! i thoughtthat i was going to keep u updated.well i checked emmys mouth if therewas anything wrong againn..but when i cheked everything seemed to behealing! the swelling is beginning to go down. and the cuts are seemingnot to be there n e more! =D

i use a metal hanging dish/ rack in the cage..itwas 8 dollars at petsmart...i had the problem of my bun using his foodbowl as his litter box glad to hear your bun is better

Latest posts

Back